GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enkei RPF1s in SBC 17x9 - Need positive reinforcement to purchase

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Literally about to press the "buy" button on these.... But I need some positive reinforcement (or negative so I don't buy them).

Anyone have these in SBC on their car? I can't seem to find them on many Mk6s. Maybe it's because the SBC in 17x9 comes in 5x114...

Anyways, here's the wheel. Thoughts on how it will look on a CSG GTI? I plan on running 225/45/17 Mich. PSS.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I like it, but is 9" kind of wide? I hate any kind of "stretch" look.

Colour is nice, too. I've got 17" anthracite Alleggeritas on my CSG GTI and think it looks great. People may say that the shorter spokes make the wheel look smaller, but I don't really care (or agree). 17" FTW!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sexy.

offset?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I like it, but is 9" kind of wide? I hate any kind of "stretch" look.

Colour is nice, too. I've got 17" anthracite Alleggeritas on my CSG GTI and think it looks great. People may say that the shorter spokes make the wheel look smaller, but I don't really care (or agree). 17" FTW!

I'm not stretching. The tires are 225 wide, it'll be such a light stretch. I have 430 WHP so I need wide. Haha

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Even though I pretend to know a lot about our cars performance wise, I know NOTHING about suspension, tires, wheels, offsets, etc. Took me two weeks to set on this wheel lol.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I'm not stretching. The tires are 225 wide, it'll be such a light stretch. I have 430 WHP so I need wide. Haha

Well, okay. I think 8" wide is about the most I'd want to go with 225s.

And with all that HP, and with the wider wheels, why not go a bit wider on the tires for traction?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Well, okay. I think 8" wide is about the most I'd want to go with 225s.

And with all that HP, and with the wider wheels, why not go a bit wider on the tires for traction?

This is why I'm here. How wide can I go? I don't want to rub though, as I race. I am lowered on airlift V2 with performance fronts. No notch. I don't drive very low.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
since you have a "respectable" offset, that may help you out a lot ;)

AM407

Autocross Champion
This is why I'm here. How wide can I go? I don't want to rub though, as I race. I am lowered on airlift V2 with performance fronts. No notch. I don't drive very low.

Lol, I'm the guy who thinks the car is just fine totally stock. Don't even know what "airlift V2" or "notch" is, so can't help you out. Sorry. :)

But I'd think 235s would be a better match to the wheels and probably wouldn't rub. Maybe even 245s, depending on offset and such. I'm sure others will know. Good luck!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
A 245/40-17 would be pretty mild stretch/square looking on a 17x9. A 225/45-17 is actually out of range for suggested rim widths, so at least a 235/45-17 would be required, and is at the very top of Michelin's recommended specs.

Either way, unless you are basically stock ride height you could need some fender work to really clear a 9" ET 45 wheel. Here's a thread from Vortex with the same wheel and tire I suggested: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5313945-I-lost-60lbs-today!!&p=71789168#post71789168

PS Those wheels are sexy. Do it.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
A 245/40-17 would be pretty mild stretch/square looking on a 17x9. A 225/45-17 is actually out of range for suggested rim widths, so at least a 235/45-17 would be required, and is at the very top of Michelin's recommended specs.

Either way, unless you are basically stock ride height you could need some fender work to really clear a 9" ET 45 wheel. Here's a thread from Vortex with the same wheel and tire I suggested: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5313945-I-lost-60lbs-today!!&p=71789168#post71789168

PS Those wheels are sexy. Do it.

I see. So then I'll run an 235/45. If I roll the front fenders, I'll be able to go lower? I saw your thread. I definitely drive lower than that... That would be with my bags raised to ride height haha...