GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS rotors??

PoRsCh3fReAk

PoRsCh3fReAk
Car(s)
Slutty camry
Looking for new front brakes . Any luck with ECS rotors and redstuff pads??? Also contemplating a flush with new brake lines. Go onnnnnn

RedAddict

Motherf**king Pterodactyl
Car(s)
MKV R32
I have the redstuff pads with new OEM rotors and I am very pleased with the performance. I think my passengers are just as surprised at how quick .:Rose comes to a halt as they are when she is launched. No squealing whatsoever.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I used Hawk HPS all around on stock rotors for quite a while and they were great.

belcher

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what's on mine now. Very happy. Quiet, Clean, Somewhat grabby in the snow and ice. I guess that means they work too well. This from an ex-Cape Codder.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Hawk pads are junk.

Fixed that for you... :thumbsup:

OP: I've had great performance from Redstuffs on both a 2002 Saab Convertible and my 2008 R32. Tried Hawks on the Saab and they sucked in comparison, so I went back to Redstuffs.

Just my personal experience, I know a lot of people around here swear by Hawks... ;)

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Never tried the EBC stuff, but the Hawk HPS pads were a solid upgrade from stock for my ride. More stopping power, and no more bloody squealing when the brakes were cold. I recommend them.

Still on the original discs, but I might try the ECS ones with the anti-corrosion coating next time. Amazing how quickly the OEM parts turn orange with surface rust!

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007
HPS and ECS Geomet is a great combo if you want somthing not too agressive but better than oem.

ECS rotors look good but didn't do much difference vs OEM... but they look good...

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
Never tried the EBC stuff, but the Hawk HPS pads were a solid upgrade from stock for my ride. More stopping power, and no more bloody squealing when the brakes were cold. I recommend them.

Still on the original discs, but I might try the ECS ones with the anti-corrosion coating next time. Amazing how quickly the OEM parts turn orange with surface rust!

Did you do a two pad change to one rotor change on your R?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007
Did you do a two pad change to one rotor change on your R?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No, I changed my pad and my rotor in the same time on my GTI (very similar I guest!?) and still using the same pads/rotors since. I like how the car feel now but if you want something agressive go elsewhere!