GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EBay K04

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
A lot of the magic of a k04-064 is the billet 2283 wheel, the Chinese knockoffs won't likely have it among other problems.

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Would swapping it out with the original one, give me more power or would I have to give the car a tune too?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Going from a k03 to a k04 would definitely require a tune.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Would swapping it out with the original one, give me more power

You must remember that you will also be swapping the exhaust manifold and some of the piping as well. You will be exchanging your diverter valve for a blow-off-valve, and the oil lines for the turbo will be different.
I isn't just a turbo for turbo swap. For peace of mind, you will also want an upgraded intercooler for the increased heat that you will be generating. Your fuel pump and injectors should be upgraded as well (to go with the tune) so your engine does not go BOOM.

larcic

Ready to race!
blowoff valve wtf? you need a dv relocate not a BOV. I'd never run a BOV in a MAF based tune lmao

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
blowoff valve wtf? you need a dv relocate not a BOV. I'd never run a BOV in a MAF based tune lmao

This, you are 100% correct. Would need to add a DV relocate for this to work properly.

I'd be worried about fitment and quality, you can get Golf R K04 takeoffs for cheap. Hell there's brand new ones for around $1k. Don't cheap out on one of the most crucial parts of your motor.