GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dubai TR build up till date. (Warning its long..!)

Samaj

Ready to race!
Ok..here is my buildup thread. Its long.....u have been warned!
Excuse certain wrong sequences. Took me ages to compile all of it.

I was originally from a BMW background. Owning a E36 coupe & then a 5 series.

Always liked Golf's but never knew much about them. Looking in the classified one day stumblem upon a Golf MKIII VR6. Was super excited knowing it had a 2.8 L . Went to have a lookk at the car & bought it straight away. Jap spec with all power options with 70K KM on the clock.

Basic mods like K&N filter,Ramus exhaust, ABT 17" rims,lowering springs, Rolled rear arches & a ridicolous bonnet ad on scoop. (I know i know...)
Great car but too many problems.

So i decided to go with a golf but a brand new this time. Test drove the MKV GTI & was sold immediately.Paid up the deposit & three months latter. Come 5th July 2007 my TR full options GTI arrived !!!!!

Thats me in the blue shirt drooling on her.

Attended a local GTG the very next day.

Bit by the mod bug immediately. Scanned the net every day for the past three months wait period to take inspiration from fellow dubbers.

Step 1 - Painted the stock 18" huffs black + 30% 3M tint all around.
Step 2 - Painted the front & rear emblem black & GTI text red.

Step 3 - H&R lowering springs for a 1.5" drop. Sweet practical stance & comfort.

Always loved carbon fibre. So much so that i could eat from a carbon plate.
Had to save up for the parts. To my luck a good friend became the local delear for OSIR range in Dubai. (Thanks Ridha)

Step 4 - Evolution carbon eybrows.

Step 5 - OSIR Rear carbon roof spoiler
Step 6 - OSIR Carbon mirrors
Step 7 - OSIR Carbon rear bumper diffuser.
Step 8 - OSIR front lower lip.

Took me a long time to decide to colour match the lowers or not. Eventually i did.

Step 9 - OSIR carbon bonnet.
Step 10 - Short antenna

Fell in love with the R32 rear end now.

Step 11 - Custom cat back R32 style exhaust with one muffler delet with 4" tips + OEM R32 bumper. Took my time to decide what kind of tip.

Step 12 - ROTA 18" rims. Had to look different fom all Huffs in town.

Step 13 - OSIR R32 carbon lower diffuser.
Step 14 - OEM R32 rear taillights.
Step 15- Hofele bumper.

Was looking at something different for the front. All options had only an add on for the lip. Nothing drastic.Thats when i stumbled upon the Hofele concept.
Expensive as hell & wait period for almost 3 months. Worth every penny...!

I realiszed that i was a wheel whore & kept on looking at new wheels all the time. Next set please.......

Step 16 - BBS 19" CH Black edition. Spent a fortune on importing these from the US with the continental sport tyres. Unfortunately the look didint rock my boat after installation. Sold them after 2 days.:thumbdown:

Local GTG with friends & general pics in town. Plus drive to the famous Jabel Feet.

Step 17 - MRR HR2 19" rims.

Step 18 - Always loved black or dark rims. Got the HR2 custom painted in a BMW Sparkling graphite grey.

Got featured in Eurotuner. Well not feature....just in the readers ride.:lol:

Bought a Canon 40D SLR & headed to Dubai Autodrome for a shoot.:headbang:
My baby as she is now.............:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Whats next.......???????????????

The carbon bonnet has been replaced with the original bonnet.
Possible colour changes, new rims , engine mods , swat bars........

Enjoyed every bit of the jorney till date.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome....:wink:

Mexx

Ready to race!
i like you bbs ch ....why did u replace them anyway??
i lik rear,but hood,front bumper,eyebrows...hm...i dont like it at all..

knoxvillezzz

My danah
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
OMG those are nice MRR HR2 19" WHEELS.. and the color you chose is WOW..

How many OIL WELLS do you own? Crap you change mods like ADULT diapers in a Nursing home..

just kidding bud.. nice work on your car..

GTIWV

WV VW
That front bumper is growing on me.

Oh, and a question about the OSIR carbon diffuser on your stock rear bumper. How did you mount it? Like, what type of glue did you use?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Super fucking hott! Now one of my fav TR's! You have the wheels that ive wanted since they came out, exactly. Meaning you even had them painted! Very nice, keep up the good work.

Fede_italiano

Passed Driver's Ed
Great looking ride. Congratulations!
You really did a great job.
The exterior color and body parts combination are sick:thumbsup:

Samaj

Ready to race!
The OSIR carbon diffuser for the stock GTI bumper has to be glued but the R32 one uses the stock mounting tabs. You just replace the original matt black piece with the carbon.:wink:

That front bumper is growing on me.

Oh, and a question about the OSIR carbon diffuser on your stock rear bumper. How did you mount it? Like, what type of glue did you use?