GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG HEAVIER THAN GTi

STATUS

*STATUS*
Car(s)
e46 M3, R32,
Hi im new to this forum ...Im getting ready to order my 5door GTi and i just test drove each the other day back to back... a 6spd and DSG and dsg is amazing i have whipped on a track a couple of times and its flawless but it seems to me that the 6SPD is so much lighter than the DSG AUTO. On my test drive one Sunday, i had more fun in the 6spd than the DSG. Give me some of your thoughts on this so i can decide which tranny 2 go with.

Thanks

STATUS

*STATUS*
Car(s)
e46 M3, R32,
I NEED BOTH ha ha... I SWEAR though the 6spd was much quicker and it sat better in turns

Nikerey

Darkness
I NEED BOTH ha ha... I SWEAR though the 6spd was much quicker and it sat better in turns

The 6speed FELT faster, the hard shifting makes you feel like your going faster, the quick shifts of the DSG are just smooth and make it faster in reality.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
DSG is not significantly heavier and is actually faster than a manual gearbox. Having said that you should get the one you feel most comfortable using. I personally prefer DSG's blend of manual-like shifting with auto-traffic-laziness, but it's personal preference.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
all u man, ure gonna hear this every time but choose what you want

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
all u man, ure gonna hear this every time but choose what you want

So true!!.... I own a 6man and am going to a DSG.... I have always been a manual bloke, but I do find the DSG a lot of fun... and it is quicker....and its a toy!

Go with what you fell good in!:respekt:

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
its all in the OP's head!! DSG FTMFW!!!!