GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The downside of dogs that don't shed is you have to either groom them yourself or take them in to be groomed. Start with them early so they are used to you cutting their hair (which is needed pretty often). Our poo's upthread need cuts at least once a month to not look like Swiffer mops. Still better than hair on everything IMO.
Only issue with dogs that don't shed is that they are usually just lap dogs, they do not have an ability to do any work.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Only issue with dogs that don't shed is that they are usually just lap dogs, they do not have an ability to do any work.
A standard poodle is a pretty shite lap dog, although many of them haven't figured that out.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
what kinda “work” do you make your dogs do? My dogs don’t do much or anything besides be:

1) Extremely cute
2) Extremely annoying
3) the fucking best
I had this exact thought reading his post.
My 2 year old has discovered that dog treats in the cups will convince them to play tea party with them, so I guess babysitting?

PXL_20210507_155854359.jpg

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
The downside of dogs that don't shed is you have to either groom them yourself or take them in to be groomed. Start with them early so they are used to you cutting their hair (which is needed pretty often). Our poo's upthread need cuts at least once a month to not look like Swiffer mops. Still better than hair on everything IMO.

Compared to shedding, it's not that much of a downside. We go 6-8 weeks between groomer appointments on our border terrier.

What kind of work do you need the dog to do????

Our 10 year old terrier will play fetch all day if you let her, loves the family, will walk longer than I want to, is easy to toss in the car with us for a week long vacation, and does her business outside. Don't really have much higher expectations out of my dog.

It would be nice if she could mow the grass. Same could be said for my wife though 🤷‍♂️

codypka

Go Kart Champion
This is Bru. He's a Mastiff/Rottweiler mix. He doen't fit in my GTI without the rear seats down. So he goes in my wifes van most of the time, which works for me

Skin and bones when we brought him home from the shelter. 4 months, 40 pounds
bru.jpg

He's about a year old here
bru4.jpg

This is him just the other day. 2 years old. 120 pounds

bru5.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
This thread is pure fail.

OP, change that pathetic title to “dags”