GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thank you. Yeah - toughest thing I've ever had to go through was losing that guy. Had him from when I was 28 till 36. We kinda grew up together.

95b14

Go Kart Newbie
Here is Emma crapped out in her car seat thing after her first Adirondacks high peak hike.
E09D53A0-A379-4B80-9879-BEC5B53A76C7.jpeg

Silverstar

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5 Variant
Some beautiful doggies in this thread. This is Simba a mastiff and Labrador mix, he's getting on a bit now and was finding it hard to get in and out of the wife's Ford Fiesta due to having higher load lip and narrow and smaller boot to the point where he refused to go in the car anymore (he's too heavy to lift in) so we very recently bought this Golf 7.5 Variant (wagon) especially for him and he's enjoying his car rides once again! :)

I've just put a boot floor liner and a blanket to protect the back seats, will have to look at the boot separator / guard thing later.

Attachments

• IMG_63AFBD0EDB08-1.jpeg
    IMG_63AFBD0EDB08-1.jpeg
    761.9 KB · Views: 172

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I had a dog a long time ago. He was a rescue and a mixed breed. His name was charizard. He was a good boy. But he wasn’t car proof

the pain of losing a friend as loyal as he was. Those 6 years he was around. It hit me in my chest. I could never get close to another animal again. Only because that pain of loss was too intense.

now that I feel like I’m ready for a new rescue and train him to do shameless hood rat shit with me. I can’t. My 15 year old is apparently super allergic to everything. Her allergies just popped in out of the blue. She can’t even be around classmates who have dogs because she gets a rash.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I had a dog a long time ago. He was a rescue and a mixed breed. His name was charizard. He was a good boy. But he wasn’t car proof

the pain of losing a friend as loyal as he was. Those 6 years he was around. It hit me in my chest. I could never get close to another animal again. Only because that pain of loss was too intense.

now that I feel like I’m ready for a new rescue and train him to do shameless hood rat shit with me. I can’t. My 15 year old is apparently super allergic to everything. Her allergies just popped in out of the blue. She can’t even be around classmates who have dogs because she gets a rash.
When I come to visit you can pet me and comb my hair and I'll get you a beer. 🍻

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

Any difference between dogs that shed and those that don’t?

I have terrible allergies around dogs and cats that shed, but ones that don’t shed are no issue.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

I have terrible allergies around dogs and cats that shed, but ones that don’t shed are no issue.
There are hypoallergenic dogs and cats. They typically have hair instead of fur. This reduces shedding. With shedding comes dander which is skin cells and such. That is usually what people hold the allergy to.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

No not at all. It’s like she will immediately show symptoms before we know there’s an animal owner near by. Happens a lot in Walmart target and other public places. When it’s really bad she has to take Zyrtec (spelling?) and this aerosol pump

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The downside of dogs that don't shed is you have to either groom them yourself or take them in to be groomed. Start with them early so they are used to you cutting their hair (which is needed pretty often). Our poo's upthread need cuts at least once a month to not look like Swiffer mops. Still better than hair on everything IMO.