GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the 2019 GTI use the BUDACK cycle?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
You know what’s interesting? IF you’d have read not only what I wrote, but others as well, you’d see that my question was if the oil pump was different from the previous years. I also pointed out that the 2015-2017 was not the same part number, per ECS’ website.

If you also had known wtf you were talking about, you would’ve also noticed that others have taken their cars to dealers with a stalling issue, and thicker oil was added, AGAINST the recommended 0w-20 based on the manual.

of course, you’re obviously more worried about being a know it all jack ass. Read next time.

OP asked if the 19 GTI has the Budak cycling. Response, what, 2 answered that. Then this thread got derailed by what oil pump the ‘19 cars used, and it was put out, yes it’s different than previous years. Then we went down the tired and ever present oil grade debate. It’s finny that your fall back seems to always be after market companies. DAP, ECS, yet you don’t go back to mother VW to pull directly from the source. When that crazy notion is brought up, you attack people for it. I think Tommy Boy said it best about a butcher and a steak. I used to work for a company that was not unlike DAP and/or ECS. I also used to field the tech calls from chuckleheads like yourself that would call and regurgitate the shit they “heard from blah blah” or “saw on YouTube” or what ever, then drone on for an eternity until I just gave them what they wanted to hear so I could hang up.

I am pretty familiar with the stalling issue, as I have a 2019 GTI 6mt. I also didn’t have stalling issues, nor did I stray from the factory required oil spec. I also had the flash done, and know the changes it made first hand. I also know that the band-aid of changing to the incorrect oil spec did not fix many cars. I also know that there is yet to be one single verified recurrence of the stalling issue after that car got the flash. It’s almost like the ECU was causing the issue, and not an oil spec.

I find it terribly ironic that you call others out for being a “know it all jack ass” or an “imbecile” because they didn’t drink your brand of kool-aid. But I guess that’s what is wrong with automatons like you, just tantrum until opposing views go away, then rival in your artificial self worth.

It’s cool man. I get it. Keep calling and asking the same dumb as shit questions, someone will eventually tell you what you want to hear.

TLDR: I weep for the future.

Last edited:

scasey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I guess it depends on the regional rep. Every rep I've dealt with actually was a techie - if they didn't know the answer then they'd find out.

I wouldn't expect DAP to be able to give me a reliable answer on this.
I'm sure someone at VW knows, but I have dealt with all their departments and good luck finding that guy and if you don't, as you progress through their chain, you will get a different answer from each person. I don't know if it's intentional with the stalling to play dumb, but somehow they can't communicate basic information back and fourth. They were all nice, I'm not saying don't buy VW, I'm just saying it can be more than just calling a region rep. I just thought it was funny saying to call a region rep when in my experience, I would probably talk to the head mechanic at a dealer you like, or the DAP guys really aren't a bad resource if they respond. I learned a lot from their videos about VW.

Edit: To be clear, I don't think anyone should put any oil other than recommend in their 2019 GTI, which I have repeatedly said in the other thread. I just have a lot of experience now with VW, including the full process of them buying a car back and replacing it with a new car.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
OP asked if the 19 GTI has the Budak cycling. Response, what, 2 answered that. Then this thread got derailed by what oil pump the ‘19 cars used, and it was put out, yes it’s different than previous years. Then we went down the tired and ever present oil grade debate. It’s finny that your fall back seems to always be after market companies. DAP, ECS, yet you don’t go back to mother VW to pull directly from the source. When that crazy notion is brought up, you attack people for it. I think Tommy Boy said it best about a butcher and a steak. I used to work for a company that was not unlike DAP and/or ECS. I also used to field the tech calls from chuckleheads like yourself that would call and regurgitate the shit they “heard from blah blah” or “saw on YouTube” or what ever, then drone on for an eternity until I just gave them what they wanted to hear so I could hang up.

I am pretty familiar with the stalling issue, as I have a 2019 GTI 6mt. I also didn’t have stalling issues, nor did I stray from the factory required oil spec. I also had the flash done, and know the changes it made first hand. I also know that the band-aid of changing to the incorrect oil spec did not fix many cars. I also know that there is yet to be one single verified recurrence of the stalling issue after that car got the flash. It’s almost like the ECU was causing the issue, and not an oil spec.

I find it terribly ironic that you call others out for being a “know it all jack ass” or an “imbecile” because they didn’t drink your brand of kool-aid. But I guess that’s what is wrong with automatons like you, just tantrum until opposing views go away, then rival in your artificial self worth.

It’s cool man. I get it. Keep calling and asking the same dumb as shit questions, someone will eventually tell you what you want to hear.

So what? You're just parroting what you hear others say.

The ECU flash may have fixed the stalling, but we don't know if it's fixed the issue with actual and reported timing being off.

And what does any of that have to do with this thread?

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion

Ummm, I actually have run the spec called for the entire time. Others were to have claimed to use other weights. I just saw the BUDACK cycle info, hence I asked about it. I also asked if the oil pump was the same because the oil pump could supposedly be damaged by using a different weight. I was asking for the reason to actually help out others on this forum. There is NO PART NUMBER for a 2019 oil pump online as of yet, thus, I asked DAP because they do have part numbers. Someone suggested I call a dealer, but I have little faith in them from previous experiences from people (such as yourself) who are stupid and assume they know everything, and many here are quite knowledgeable on these cars. More so than the VW techs I have dealt with at dealers.
We can go back and forth all night, but idgaf what you think or ASSume about my questions or motives for asking them.
by the way... based on some of VWs previous issues, we know they’re never wrong huh??

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm running 5w-40 because I track the car. I was never going to use 0w-20. My car like many, only stalled in the beginning, but I had issues with the car runing really rich due to actual and reported timing being off. Highway mileage, which is usually low 30's, was mid 20's. It caused o2 sensor failure. Thought that might have been the problem all along, but car continued to have issues past O2 sensor replacement and resetting learned adaptions. My dealer was told by VW to use 5w-40. Car has run correctly since.

If my car ran ok on 0w-20 and I didn't track, I'd use it. It doesn't and I can't imagine VW would direct my dealer to change oil weight if they felt it would damage the pump or engine.

That's not to say that it won't damage the engine of a Tiguan, which is a different engine. I have no idea if it will or won't.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
And what does any of that have to do with this thread?

@GrocheryGTIer brought it up. See above.

Ummm, I actually have run the spec called for the entire time. Others were to have claimed to use other weights. I just saw the BUDACK cycle info, hence I asked about it. I also asked if the oil pump was the same because the oil pump could supposedly be damaged by using a different weight. I was asking for the reason to actually help out others on this forum. There is NO PART NUMBER for a 2019 oil pump online as of yet, thus, I asked DAP because they do have part numbers. Someone suggested I call a dealer, but I have little faith in them from previous experiences from people (such as yourself) who are stupid and assume they know everything, and many here are quite knowledgeable on these cars. More so than the VW techs I have dealt with at dealers.
We can go back and forth all night, but idgaf what you think or ASSume about my questions or motives for asking them.
by the way... based on some of VWs previous issues, we know they’re never wrong huh??

2019 GTI oil pump is 06H115105BT

So yes, same as all other 2.0s.

Source: VW.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
@GrocheryGTIer brought it up. See above.

2019 GTI oil pump is 06H115105BT

So yes, same as all other 2.0s.

Source: VW.

And?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion

Attachments

• 698C1680-F5FE-42DD-886C-E2FED957EF52.png
    698C1680-F5FE-42DD-886C-E2FED957EF52.png
    702.4 KB · Views: 93

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Part of my initial question was if the 2019 used the B engine, and then if the oil pump was the same. If so, VW claims thicker oil can cause damage... all that does is further confuse the situation. I use 0w20 so it’s ok. I mean for other people using heavier oils

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm guessing that my engine running rich enough to destroy an o2 sensor and me running track days in Florida with 0w-20 would be far more damaging to the engine than running 5w-40 with an oil pump with one additional tooth on the drive gear.

I have no idea if 5w-40 would damage the Tiguan, but it's, a different engine using a different combustion cycle.

And again, we still don't know if VW has solved the timing issue, which I'd imagine isn't good for the engine.

Seems like VW said higher weight oil could damage a new Tiguan engine, which is different than the GTI engines and likely have different clearances than other engines. Oil weight is all about the clearances and use.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For the rare occasion I use my VW dealer I'm thankful that the shop foreman is one of us. He even tunes Porches and has taken a liking to my car and does my work exclusively.

cb1111

For the rare occasion I use my VW dealer I'm thankful that the shop foreman is one of us. He even tunes Porches and has taken a liking to my car and does my work exclusively.
So he may actually know the answer. Not important enough for me to call the guys at VW...