Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 United Grey GTI
cause im only boosting at 14 stock

zmoclov21

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 cw 2 door dsg gti
This has probably been mentioned but I was planning on getting a turbo gauge setup and a manual boost controller. I was wondering what is the recommended increase in psi??

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
That silver ring has to go!
btw, u have magical hands to be able to take clear pics during 20 psi at night!!

I Like my silver trim ring! Makes it more cohesive with the other guages IMO. Besides if I get tired of it it's just a press fit, takes like 2 seconds to take off.

blackmagic08

PP-ASEL
Sorry if this has already been asked but I just got a CCTA GTI and apparently noone has found a suitable tap for a boost gauge - has this changed? I certainly would like to add the newsouth setup to my car.

Thanks,

Greg

MADgolFER

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 MkV
what happens if you crease the nylon tubing? i creased mine and the boost gauge sits at 18 vac when cold and 19 1/2 when warm spiking to 14 psi when warm... i should be spiking to 18 ish since i'm chipped... the car still feels strong tho... so i am thinking the crease might be the problem... would it affect the reading this dramatically?

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
what happens if you crease the nylon tubing? i creased mine and the boost gauge sits at 18 vac when cold and 19 1/2 when warm spiking to 14 psi when warm... i should be spiking to 18 ish since i'm chipped... the car still feels strong tho... so i am thinking the crease might be the problem... would it affect the reading this dramatically?

what do you mean crease? like pinched? think of it like a straw... if you crease a straw, do you still get the same amount of liquid while drinking through it? the slightest air leak WILL NOT give you correct readings

methkilab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 United Grey GTI
the previous guy is right....a crease will give you false readings.

ddogbert

Car(s)
07 GTI
Thanks for the instructions. It made the installation go very easily. I got the NewSouth Gauge w/V-Twin from BSH.

One thing I did was to run the hose under the battery tray. There are some plastic channels running under there for the electrical system. There are just 3 10mm bolts holding the tray down.

I peak around 15psi holding at 12-13 stock. Idle is 18.5 to 20 inHg once its warm.