GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Glove Box Light

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Here is a DIY for all the R32 and VW onwers out there who need a lil light in the glove box. For some odd reason VW stuck a AUX input in the GB instead of a Light. I would have rather had my AUX in my Arm-rest Console and a light in the Glove Box.

Well here u go!!!!!!!!

Parts List
1. Glove Box Switch- 1K0 947 561
2. Light- 6L0 957 416
3. Black Male Adapter- ?????????
4. Posi Tap- just one
5. Solder Iron and solder
6. 18g Wire-

First thing i did was to remove the Glove box, passenger foot well panel, side panel, and foot well console.

Use this link to remove glove box
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135719

Then u need to splice ur wires together so it looks like this.

IMG_3378.jpg

Then get under the dash on the drive side and find the CECU with the Connecter K and Pin 10. This wire is Blue/Red and will be tapped with a
Black Posi Tap.
IMG_3404.jpg
IMG_3405.jpg

Then u need to run this wire to the passenger side where the glove box is.
Once u get it thru u can start to fix the wire where u want it behind the glove box. Remember where u put the wire cause then u will be putting the glove box back in and u dont want to pinch the wire and damage it. I ran the wire along the side of the car panel where the Main Wire bundle is, ran this wire from the top to the bottom by the the foot well ground wirer. This is where u will be grounding the wire and completing the circuit.

Once u run this wire and u got it where u want it, then u need to ground it to the ground place where the factory grounds are.
IMG_3394.jpg
IMG_3396.jpg

After that now u can start to put the glove box back in and make sure u dont clip ur wires. Once the glove box is half way in now u want to connect the Rubber hose to the AC for the glove box. DONT for get the connect the Black Male connecter in the glove box switch. Now u can push the glove box in all the way and hope that u dont clip any wires. If not the last thing to do is plug in the glove box light with the black male connecter and it should look like this.Then u will be snapping in the light in the glove box. Also dont for get to snap in the light switch too. This goes in the back of the glove box, there is a where looking cut out and it goes in with the connecter facing up.
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_3388.jpg
IMG_3390.jpg

Now ur done ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3413.jpg

This is a pic of the wire loom that goes from the
Connecter K, Pin 10--Light Switch--Glove Box Light--Foot Well Ground
glove_box-circuit.jpg
Thanks Jet Turbo

This Mod has been done b4 but i wanted to make it a lil better and easy to read and under stand. i hope people like it and use it:happyanim:

Thanks Stylist

Last edited:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
sorry bro i had to update it

They should be working now

If some one knows the Part# to the Black male adapter that would be great

If not i get it tomoro

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
U doooo!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

So where did they put ur Aux in outlet????

Did u buy it used or new????

ywang98

Ready to race!
My R32 came with the aux input at the armrest and a light at the right side of the box. My car is US version.

In fact, I disabled the light because I didn't know if it was turning off or not (can't tell where the switch is to check). It's like a fridge light... LOL

Last edited:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
:mad0259:

Damn it, i always get the shity stuff

Thats cool u guys, that u get the light already installed in the glove box and the Aux in the arm rest.

Also the Aux thats in ur arm rest is WAY better than the one i got in my glove box. When i first got my car and i finally got the cable to use the Aux in the glove box. I pushed the wire in and it shoved the Aux line all the way in the glove box.

I was like WTF and had to dig around and put it all back together. POS!!!!!!!!

So next im going to use that Aux in that u guys have and intsall one on my arm rest.:w00t:

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
I'm gonna do this so I can find my weed when it is dark out.
:thumbsup: