GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dipstick....

Car(s)
Subaru
Could you elaborate more on this please? Is it just hard to see or are the markings for high/low levels or the depth of the dipstick itself off?

its just that the markings are small. ill try and find the oem dip stick and the billet one to compare for people. be back with a photo if i find it.

@ecs you guys need to post a picture of the dipstick. i looked right over it on your site cause of that and bought it from the manufacturers website instead... which by the way had very fast service and processed the order the next day. had it at my door in 2-3days, which was shockingly quick. great company and i wish they made more things. anyways, ecs, post a picture and i bet you guys would sell more

Car(s)
Subaru
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339102635.038466.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339102677.855315.jpg

thats what the oem dipstick does. you can see it cracks and falls apart.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339102775.257610.jpg

both were dipped freshly into the tank before taking this picture. first the oem and then the billet one. the billet one is harder to read and has a smaller measuring section than the oem, but is still legible

SamBaxter

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI DSG 2007MK5
cheers for the help, just finishing spraying the last engine cover and after priming tomorrow ill post the pics , i literally sanded and sprayed everything that can be taken off from under the hood , so far so good ...

SamBaxter

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI DSG 2007MK5
on a separate note completely ... how much power can a dsg gearbox in a 2L FSI Turbo engine on a mk5 gti take before it may harm the gearbox....

is 250 bhp way too much to look for or can DSG gearboxes take more than that??

Car(s)
Subaru
on a separate note completely ... how much power can a dsg gearbox in a 2L FSI Turbo engine on a mk5 gti take before it may harm the gearbox....

i think mrbikle did 560whp before his clutches slipped. im pretty sure his dsg is or was completely stock. im unsure on the tq though. youre fine with what you have though. unless you start making a fast car, the dsg is pretty strong

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

250 BHP is only 225 at most WHP. Sounds like you only want to go Stage 1. The DSG won't even notice.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
View attachment 85067

both were dipped freshly into the tank before taking this picture. first the oem and then the billet one. the billet one is harder to read and has a smaller measuring section than the oem, but is still legible

perfect- thank you for that pic, it was exactly what I wanted to see before making a decision.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That's the point I was trying to make. ECS jumps on evidently trying to sell him one, but do they have a store in Ireland? I always try to remember to look at where someone's from first.

Like I posted, a local dealer is probably cheaper, even at retail.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
So, are all the replacements yellow now? I want a orange one...

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
So, are all the replacements yellow now? I want a orange one...

I literally just bought a Yellow one form the dealer to replace the Orange one.
The dealer claims that the Yellow one is a new revision (with the same part number) that eliminates the brittleness with the subtle change in materials.

^^^I'm just stating what my OEM dealer claims.