GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dipstick....

SamBaxter

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI DSG 2007MK5
Any1 know where i can buy a new oil dipstick for a golf gti mk5 online , there unusually hard to find ? my one is orange and today a piece of plastic broke off it and it doesn't really click in any more....

can you get a red one??

Im painting my engine cover, battery cover , fuse cover and caps at the moment so it would be nice to find a red one to go along with the theme.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
$20 bucks at the dealer. Im on #2 as well

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
you can get a billet dipstick if you want too (you can paint it whatever color you like later):

here's the link:
http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=421&category_id=60

This thing doesn't break like the orange dipstick. This one is good quality.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That billet one is bad ass! thanks for the link, bookmarked :thumbup:

Car(s)
Subaru
the oem one is prone to breaking. its $20 and cracks under the rubber seal over time. the aluminium one wont do that and is $30. i dont like shiny bits under my hood, but its actually not too bad.

also, just paint the oem one or aluminum one red. wouldnt be hard. pics of the motor painted when finished, please

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I have the Gruvenparts dipstick. It will never break, but it has two disadvantages: it gets extremely hot because it conducts heat much better than the stock dipstick, and I find it very difficult to get a good oil level reading with it.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yikes... i dunno about that then. I like knowing exactly where my oil is, especially on a turbo'd motor.. hmmmm

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
I have the Gruvenparts dipstick. It will never break, but it has two disadvantages: it gets extremely hot because it conducts heat much better than the stock dipstick, and I find it very difficult to get a good oil level reading with it.

Could you elaborate more on this please? Is it just hard to see or are the markings for high/low levels or the depth of the dipstick itself off?