GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

difference between neuspeed and ecs pulley kit?

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
well ive been doing some research on the neuspeed and ecs pulley kits for the 2.0t. from what ive gathered the neuspeed pulley is slightly smaller than the stock pulley which will spin the alternator slower. i was wondering if the ecs pulley is the same size as the stock pulley? if so wouldnt that be the best pulley for our cars?

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
well ive been doing some research on the neuspeed and ecs pulley kits for the 2.0t. from what ive gathered the neuspeed pulley is slightly smaller than the stock pulley which will spin the alternator slower. i was wondering if the ecs pulley is the same size as the stock pulley? if so wouldnt that be the best pulley for our cars?

the neuspeed one is smaller to free up horsepower stolen by the alternator, wouldn't defeat the purpose of an aftermarket pulley if it was the same as stock?

btw i don't know if it is the same size, just a guess that it is smaller just like the neuspeed one

GTIWV

WV VW
pulleys help in two different ways.

you can just make the pulley lighter, which will get rid of alot of the rotational mass, and it does free up some power.

but if you make the pulley smaller, it will also be even lighter than the normal size light weight one, and it will also free up some more power than the normal size one.

on my last car, i had a pulley that was 40% underdriven, and i didnt have a single problem with the alternator or power, i also had a 800w amp and sub also.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
I bought my car with the Neuspeed pully installed and I can't say there is much of a difference but Ive had no problems with it and Ive owned the car for a little over 2 years.

GTIWV

WV VW
I bought my car with the Neuspeed pully installed and I can't say there is much of a difference but Ive had no problems with it and Ive owned the car for a little over 2 years.

but if you bought the car with the pulley, how would you know what its like stock? lol

goonieman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat, GTI
sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I am very interested in getting a pulley for my TSI.
Trying to find ways to get reliable power where ever I can. Can anyone chime in, that has this installed on a TSI?
thanks

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
fluidampr is where its at check it out alot of BT guys run it and it lessens clucth chatter there is alot of info about it on the vortex

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
another epic bump.. and this one is from max.. LOL. I think he gave up on that question but still a good one.

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007

Anyone can answer this!? I'm in for a lightweight pulley but I don't want to slow down my alternator so I don't want a smaller pulley kit. I'll pull the trigger if someone can answer OP question!

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
I'll vouch for the long-term reliability of the NS unit. Had it on for about 60k. On second belt. Amazing how much lighter it is than the cast stock unit.

Car(s)
Subaru
I'll vouch for the long-term reliability of the NS unit. Had it on for about 60k. On second belt. Amazing how much lighter it is than the cast stock unit.

I'll second that. I think a pulley is a good upgrade. Cost is cheap and I was able to install mine quick

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Ecs pulley is same size as stock...just lighter. Replacement belt is exact length as OEM. I installed this and BSH TB pipe at same time and noticed that i spooled a bit quicker and seemed to have a tad more power.

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007

Did you notice a difference in your electrical accessories after the replacement with the NS? I'm running a JL Audio HD900/5, they are rated continuous RMS power at 12.5v so it should not be a problem but I don't want to be too border line...

Car(s)
Subaru
Did you notice a difference in your electrical accessories after the replacement with the NS? I'm running a JL Audio HD900/5, they are rated continuous RMS power at 12.5v so it should not be a problem but I don't want to be too border line...

I watched my battery at idle and prior to my neuspeed pulley, I was getting I think 14.3v and after I get 13.6v at idle. When I'm driving it's the same.

With an amp though, that might stress the alternator too much, but idk. Could go with a pulley the same size though