GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did P1 recall, but CA DMV won't accept the VW dealer work order.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Well, I had to renew my 07 GTI in the People's Republic of California (PRC), aside from the b*llsh*t reduction to 30 days notice for renewal, they also added the P1 recall as a requirement for renewal. So, I thought, whatever, I did the P1 recall back in June 2011, so i just sent in a copy of the service invoice along with my renewal, and I thought all would be fine and dandy. Today, I get a letter in the mail stating:

"Emission Recall Proof of Correction. This vehicle has been recalled by the manufacturer under Emissions Recall Program P1. Proof of correction must be obtained from an authorized dealership. For additional information, please contact the Air Resources Board"

I'm not sure what else PRC DMV can ask for, I mean, I already sent in the renewal and the service invoice. So, since I am sure that the PRC DMV is competent (meaning PRC DMV didn't *lose* the service invoice), I can only guess that the PRC DMV is saying that the dealership i went to (Livingston VW in Woodland Hills) is not an "authorized dealer".

kicku9

MKV OLDMAN
Car(s)
09 white MKV
If they were not a vw dealer they won't do recall work. Call and ask the dealer if they have anymore paper work. If not call the dmv.

Heffery117

Banned
:cry:I'm going thru the same shetttt......I bought my car in January and the DMV process is still not finished because of that stupid recall.....it's just been a back and fourth process with the company that sold me the car...I send them the papers and proof of corection and for some reason the DMV didn't think it was good enough:help:

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
If they were not a vw dealer they won't do recall work. Call and ask the dealer if they have anymore paper work. If not call the dmv.

They show up as a dealer on vws website. Also, why would someone other than the dealer do the recall for free for me, they would be losing money since they won't get reimbursed by vwoa

spookertunes

Ready to race!
Well, I had to renew my 07 GTI in the People's Republic of California (PRC), aside from the b*llsh*t reduction to 30 days notice for renewal, they also added the P1 recall as a requirement for renewal. So, I thought, whatever, I did the P1 recall back in June 2011, so i just sent in a copy of the service invoice along with my renewal, and I thought all would be fine and dandy. Today, I get a letter in the mail stating:

"Emission Recall Proof of Correction. This vehicle has been recalled by the manufacturer under Emissions Recall Program P1. Proof of correction must be obtained from an authorized dealership. For additional information, please contact the Air Resources Board"I'm not sure what else PRC DMV can ask for, I mean, I already sent in the renewal and the service invoice. So, since I am sure that the PRC DMV is competent (meaning PRC DMV didn't *lose* the service invoice), I can only guess that the PRC DMV is saying that the dealership i went to (Livingston VW in Woodland Hills) is not an "authorized dealer".

Asking people here, get you an answer how ?

nikkic

DMV Paperwork - Requires specific document

when the recall work is done at the dealership, there is an orange tag they the dealership needs to fill out and give you to send to the dmv. when i had my recall done the guy gave me the tag automatically did that when he gave me the rest of my paperwork and told me the dmv for some reason will not accept the invoice even though the invoice proves it was in fact done.