GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DDX514 protect mode wont go away?

timebomb0220

Taxi GLI
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
i have Kenwood DDX514 Deck. i was hooking up a new sub and made the power cable tap the amp power location by mistake it sparked and my radio is now in PROTECT mode. the kenwood box says reset the radio by the button on the front of it.. i do this and it resets and goes back to protect mode, idk what to do. i took the radio out of the dash unplugged everything and plug it all back in then hit reset still in PROTECT mode, even tryed unplugging the amp and still PROTECT.

all the kenwood customer service numbers dont work and i dont know what to do. help

timebomb0220

Taxi GLI
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
yea first number doesnt work seconed number says there closed.. also all the positive and negitives are right. its so werid!
i tryed unplugging the harness in the back cause that also resets it and that that only works when the car is off and my speakers dont even work but once i get the radio running fine i turn the car on back in protect mode

timebomb0220

Taxi GLI
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
STATUS UPDATE:

When the car is fully turned on i turn it on and reset it and it reads PROTECT. and wont come out of protect mode.

once the car is off or in auxiliary i reset it and the radio works! but i hear no sound in my speakers but the radio is on..

turn the car back on after the radio is reset and working and back to PROTECT it goes..
any ideas?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Doesn't your boy Dan work in the radio dept. of best buy?.....maybe he or a few of his fellas can help out *shrug*