GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dating Advice?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I know you guys are thinking wtf why on a car site. B/C I want to keep my crush on her hush hush. Being friends is better than nothing. FB is filled with too many gossip queens and I have no clue who knows her. Also I have some big mouthed friends. I also don't think she has a FB if she does it must be under some nick-name.

So here's the story. I recently transferred to a new college and had to take 2 lower division calculus courses. In the first class we always sat next to each other, though I never talked to her we always smiled at each other. The second quarter which, just ended we made some casual talk but, nothing more than that. Casual talk consisted of "What'd you think of the exam, etc." On the last day of class after finals I figured since I would most likely never see her again since I'm a Junior and she's a Sophomore I thought what the heck and asked her to lunch. At the end of that lunch I asked her if she wanted any of the PDF books for the upper division courses. She said yes and we swapped numbers. It's after we swapped number that I finally knew her name :laugh: So after spring break I texted her on Monday to meet up with me on Thursday. I got no reply until Wed. in the middle of the night. I decided to wait until the next morning to reply (didn't wanna seem weird) and we ended up meeting on Friday. So today I gave her the PDF books and afterwards she just said we should get lunch sometime. I was kinda day dreaming and missed some of the other stuff she said. I think she said something about my class schedule. I just said that sounds great.

So what do I do now? Is the delayed text response her telling me we will only be just friends? If you ever read my "I hate it when" thread you'll know I'm deaf and blind to girls hints. Also we never talked about anything other than school work. So what do I talk about? Hobbies? I think I would bore her to death.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Stopped reading at being friends is better than nothing. Don't believe that. Been there done that. Pining after a girl that isn't interested in you is NOT the way to live. Go for it, let the cards land where they may and either enjoy having her finally or move on.

Okay now I took the time to read it, I still think the same thing. Get out with her for lunch, ask her on a date. Her response will either be yes, and from then on it's up to you as to wether it'll be a relationship or not, or no, in which case you now know and can eventually get over wanting to have more with her and be friends, or if you don't, just stop seeing her. Having a crush on a girl that doens't know you're interested in her, or does, but doesn't do anything about it, is the pits. I did that from year to year in school and for a bit after school til I finally "grew a pair" (My friends term) and just either went for it, or cut them off. Best. Advice. Ever. They either wake up and realize who the fuck you are, or you lose something you never had from the beginning and you don't ever wonder "what if".

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Stopped reading at being friends is better than nothing. Don't believe that. Been there done that. Pining after a girl that isn't interested in you is NOT the way to live. Go for it, let the cards land where they may and either enjoy having her finally or move on.

Okay now I took the time to read it, I still think the same thing. Get out with her for lunch, ask her on a date. Her response will either be yes, and from then on it's up to you as to wether it'll be a relationship or not, or no, in which case you now know and can eventually get over wanting to have more with her and be friends, or if you don't, just stop seeing her. Having a crush on a girl that doens't know you're interested in her, or does, but doesn't do anything about it, is the pits. I did that from year to year in school and for a bit after school til I finally "grew a pair" (My friends term) and just either went for it, or cut them off. Best. Advice. Ever. They either wake up and realize who the fuck you are, or you lose something you never had from the beginning and you don't ever wonder "what if".

True

So I should just go straight out and ask her "Wanna go on a date?" Do I really just ask it like that? Sorry a true noob here. How about any more lunches to warm up to that point?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Whole thing sounds a bit nerdy... is she nerdy as well?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Whole thing sounds a bit nerdy... is she nerdy as well?

Iono everyone in this college is nerdy lol . We all had the GPA to get in right :laugh:

Tactical Pancake

Ready to race!
Ask her to dinner. Or a movie or something like that. Just be like "hey what do you think about getting some dinner some night?" She says yes. Awesome. She says no. Oh well. At least you tried. Do or do not, these are your options.

Sent via the cerebral hemisphere.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion

Agree. Don't get thrown into the friend zone. If you don't make it known that you're not just the ultimate friend ( help her through school, work, life, etc without ever wanting more ) then that's all you'll ever be. Go for it! Ask her to something simple and/or fun. Ask her to bring friends to hang at something your friends have going on. Might take the nervousness out for all involved. Talk to her at said event. Act like you're interested ... come right out and say it even.

If it doesn't work out no harm. Maybe a few awkward moments in class at worst. But hey, if she is the type who won't even talk to you after you show interest then why do you need her in your life anyways. Move on to the next.

balius

Go Kart Champion
Just make sure when you set it up that she knows you're considering it a date. Don't ask her to "hang out"..

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
Ask her to lunch again and talk to her like a human being. Because she is a chick doesn't mean you should fear a conversation. For starters, I would never mention this thread to any woman...ever. Whatever you do DON'T take everything she says and tell a related story about a similar thing about yourself. You don't want to sound self involved. Also if you like her - don't leave the next time you see be a question. Ask her to hang out again on the spot when things are winding down. A party, movie, dinner, go do something, shit - "study" with her, I don't know. New alpha male = be assertive, not aggressive. Come off confident, NOT cocky.

As far as texting. Don't read into this and DO NOT over text. Some people are great at texting and others SUCK. When I first started seeing my current g/f her response time was hours.. it was REALLY annoying. I wouldn't be a mass texter though. it was to the point where if she didn't respond...fuck it and move on.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Agree. Don't get thrown into the friend zone. If you don't make it known that you're not just the ultimate friend ( help her through school, work, life, etc without ever wanting more ) then that's all you'll ever be. Go for it! Ask her to something simple and/or fun. Ask her to bring friends to hang at something your friends have going on. Might take the nervousness out for all involved. Talk to her at said event. Act like you're interested ... come right out and say it even.

If it doesn't work out no harm. Maybe a few awkward moments in class at worst. But hey, if she is the type who won't even talk to you after you show interest then why do you need her in your life anyways. Move on to the next.
Very true guess I really do have nothing to loose. I'll see what kinda parties my good friend has planned.

UCD right? I knew a bunch of people from there when I was in college. The majority of them were NOT nerdy. Some of them were idiots actually, and I wondered how the hell they got in haha.

I do question how some got in. Perhaps the goofy questionable ones are the ones surprisingly setting the curves lol. I do know that ucd tends to have the more tame bunch than say ucsb.

Just make sure when you set it up that she knows you're considering it a date. Don't ask her to "hang out"..

Alright will have to keep that in mind.

Golfmk6 on the go!

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a thread I would make :laugh:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
dick in a box /thread

was thinking teh same thang ahaha.

Sounds like a thread I would make :laugh:

lol was also thinking the same. not that it is a bad thing at all.

seriously, maybe it is because i am a perv, i dont know, my first time hanging with a chick i think is cute, i always manage to bring sex up. i think that kind of gives the hint that i dont want to be just friends lol.