GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Yeah, coworker def tries to get rises out of everyone all the time by openly saying how disgusted he is about something he's reading.

We kinda have a guy like that. I brush him off and just say “man that's crazy”. He doesn't openly say how he feels about it really (maybe I just don't engage him long enough) but you can tell.

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I guess they have nothing better to do plus they get off on it.

Take that time and learn something new. Take up a hobby. Go touch grass.

I will engage with someone who actually wants to talk about stuff but I never know enough about the topic to really get into it with them.
Man I love it when someone knows something deep about a topic/hobby that I'm not familiar with. Just questions on questions on questions, they get to talk about their hobby and I get to learn something new. Always a fun time, and most of the time it keeps us away from politics/stuff that's not going to be productive.

I've got a friend who's like super into yo-yos, and I haven't touched one since like the 90's when Yomega was doing stuff like the fireball. That was a super interesting discussion, because he's telling me all about the different materials and tolerances and bearings, and like different designs' characteristics and string material behavior and all this stuff that I never realized would be as important. And that's a damn yo-yo.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
^ this. 5 minutes listening to someone who loves ________ can often be interesting. See also Museums the obscure museums that have stuff you never thought about often are real interesting.

exhibit B (for Button)

https://www.mattmuseum.org/collections/waterbury-button-museum/

in a rundown town this museum has an amazing collection of buttons. I never knew I wanted to look at them but both Mrs Mud and I were "hey...Look at this one!"

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I've got a friend who's like super into yo-yos, and I haven't touched one since like the 90's when Yomega was doing stuff like the fireball. That was a super interesting discussion, because he's telling me all about the different materials and tolerances and bearings, and like different designs' characteristics and string material behavior and all this stuff that I never realized would be as important. And that's a damn yo-yo.
Fun fact, when I was in 8th grade I won 1st place at a yoyo competition in the local mall lol. There were about 20 people I beat. Fun times being a nerd

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
i was big into yo yo. Had a fireball, butterfly and X-Brain (?) I think it was. Had a VHS that taught me tricks. I still know a few.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I forgot about the brain and the fireball. I can't remember the name of the store in the mall we used to go to either. They had nothing but toys and all I gave a shit about was the yoyos.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Man I love it when someone knows something deep about a topic/hobby that I'm not familiar with. Just questions on questions on questions, they get to talk about their hobby and I get to learn something new. Always a fun time, and most of the time it keeps us away from politics/stuff that's not going to be productive.

I love it too. That’s how I avoided bad topics with one of my previous co-workers. Learned more about bicycles than I ever want to know but it was interesting. Guns also. He has a mint under 10k mile stock s2000 so we of course talked cars too.

I’ll have to revisit the yo yo. Didn’t think much could change but also I’m more technical then I was as a teenager and would get more out it now.

I could probably 3D print one 🤔

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I forgot about the brain and the fireball. I can't remember the name of the store in the mall we used to go to either. They had nothing but toys and all I gave a shit about was the yoyos.

KB Toys?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
fuckin' core memory unlocked right there.

I think tech decks were the first iteration of me learning about tools in a basic sense, and making changes to stuff. I always swapped parts around between various ones, and played with making my own stuff. It was fun times.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Nah it wasn't that. I remember the entrance of it looking like a very outdoorsy place. It was like a jurrasic park lookin place with the big rock wall they had at the entrance, but once you got inside it was a kids store.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
For those of you not in the discord pedo-chat,

I know everyone felt some sort of way about the Citroen Ami.

But how do we all feel about a Fiat version!

1686153544270.png

......I fucking love it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
fuckin' core memory unlocked right there.

I think tech decks were the first iteration of me learning about tools in a basic sense, and making changes to stuff. I always swapped parts around between various ones, and played with making my own stuff. It was fun times.

yeah that was probably my first DIY tool learning I did also. Used to love going to look at what they had. My kids don’t understand. The best they get is the toy section at Target.

The smell of a Blockbuster would bring back lots of memories!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Nah it wasn't that. I remember the entrance of it looking like a very outdoorsy place. It was like a jurrasic park lookin place with the big rock wall they had at the entrance, but once you got inside it was a kids store.
Not ringing a bell.

Brookstone was a cool store when I was kid.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Artichoke pesto and chicken flat bread with balsamic drizzle.

Not bad. First decent food I've had at this hospital in years.

Last edited: