GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah I thing you should tell the person first. Give them the opportunity to change.

Do you think someone like that will actually change though?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

Deep down no but they might stop talking to you about it or that stuff in general.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Haha, nope. Even if he got fired, he'd think it was everyone else's fault.

The crazy at my last work location got fired shortly after I left for similar stuff; constantly telling people that trans people are also pedophiles on a mission to convert their children was a favorite topic but, plot twist, it was a lady! Anyways, her key take away was that the evil liberals plotted against her for speaking truth, not that those were inappropriate work topics and not things to accuse your coworkers of.

Also @mwoodski you should not be engaging, not just for your sanity, but for your own job security. Regardless of your stance in the debate, there are certain topics that can get you in trouble just for engaging.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I was thinking about going for a run yesterday and then looked at the sky and said nah fuck that. I could feel the grit while breathing. Today it looks a little better but still nasty.
I'm currently on 95 heading for old saybrook any it's rolling in hard right now.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Haha, nope. Even if he got fired, he'd think it was everyone else's fault.

The crazy at my last work location got fired shortly after I left for similar stuff; constantly telling people that trans people are also pedophiles on a mission to convert their children was a favorite topic but, plot twist, it was a lady! Anyways, her key take away was that the evil liberals plotted against her for speaking truth, not that those were inappropriate work topics and not things to accuse your coworkers of.

Also @mwoodski you should not be engaging, not just for your sanity, but for your own job security. Regardless of your stance in the debate, there are certain topics that can get you in trouble just for engaging.
I normally never, ever engage or talk about anything involving current events at work(I'm not calling it politics bc human rights aren't politics), but merely explained that the same thing happened in my school at that age over twenty years ago. Then it went from there as he said that I "want to trans all the kids."

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
1686146357513.png

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I'm currently on 95 heading for old saybrook any it's rolling in hard right now.

I guess it's not going to stop until the low pressure system moves out... which if I'm reading NWS/NOAA correctly isn't for another 3 days or so, fuck

I normally never, ever engage or talk about anything involving current events at work(I'm not calling it politics bc human rights aren't politics), but merely explained that the same thing happened in my school at that age over twenty years ago. Then it went from there as he said that I "want to trans all the kids."

People have gone off the deep end, it's ridiculous. I hate how so many people have become so angry about things that really shouldn't even matter because it doesn't affect them at all.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I guess it's not going to stop until the low pressure system moves out... which if I'm reading NWS/NOAA correctly isn't for another 3 days or so, fuck

People have gone off the deep end, it's ridiculous. I hate how so many people have become so angry about things that really shouldn't even matter because it doesn't affect them at all.
Angry is addictive. And what's worse is that there's two sides of it, people getting riled up about shit and people intentionally trying to get others upset. And of course, people who don't care about things they should care about.

I just wanna live in a world where the needy get the help they need, people generally try to make each other's lives easier, and I get to drive my GTI without fear of some taintbiter damaging it due to negligence. My favorite internet insult lately has been 'go touch grass', because actually going out and experiencing the world makes it so much easier to look past all the nonsense going on in the world and just connect with your fellow human beings at a basic level, and I really think that plays a role in not being so goddamn angry all the time.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Angry is addictive. And what's worse is that there's two sides of it, people getting riled up about shit and people intentionally trying to get others upset. And of course, people who don't care about things they should care about.

I just wanna live in a world where the needy get the help they need, people generally try to make each other's lives easier, and I get to drive my GTI without fear of some taintbiter damaging it due to negligence. My favorite internet insult lately has been 'go touch grass', because actually going out and experiencing the world makes it so much easier to look past all the nonsense going on in the world and just connect with your fellow human beings at a basic level, and I really think that plays a role in not being so goddamn angry all the time.

It's seems the people who don't experience the world and how diverse it is that are the most angry. Also who watch too much news.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Jeff Gordon would have to change his livery if he was still driving today.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

I guess they have nothing better to do plus they get off on it.

Take that time and learn something new. Take up a hobby. Go touch grass.

I will engage with someone who actually wants to talk about stuff but I never know enough about the topic to really get into it with them.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Jeff Gordon would have to change his livery if he was still driving today.

The rainbow worrier.

The GF was watching the college softball playoffs or whatever they are and the one team had a native American as a mascot. I said I'm surprised they have not had to change that.