GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is this true of Gen 1 and 1.5 Tigs as well?

edit: GF has a gen 1.5 Tig, but I'm pretty certain MY is 2017 which might make things awk? Her intake tube looks the same as my Mk6.

Gen 1 (and I'd assume 1.5) are based on the PQ46 platform, same as the MK6 Golf. The Gen 2 swapped to MQB EA888, but with the B Cycle engines.

The Budack Cycle (B-Cycle in the engine name), is a proprietary technology developed in-house by Volkswagen engineer Ralph Budack. The goal of the Budack cycle is to improve fuel efficiency by enhancing the efficiency of combustion. The Budack Cycle works by closing the intake valves early instead of late. In addition to lowering the compression ratio, the Budack cycle results in improved combustion and fuel economy. By closing the intake valves early, the air-fuel ratio is “stretched” leading to better mixing.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Damn, spam bots have moved on from boner pills and are now advertising degree/certification fakes to our chinese-reading users. That's a hell of a pivot

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Gen 1 (and I'd assume 1.5) are based on the PQ46 platform, same as the MK6 Golf. The Gen 2 swapped to MQB EA888, but with the B Cycle engines.

Missus told me she's decided the Uni tune isn't fast enough for her anymore. People are still selling Tig 4Mo downpipes :unsure:

I doubt the slushbox is meant to handle those tq numbers, but there are guys at the other forum running K04s.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just buy the $44k Tiguan R conversion out from under Rice.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Missus told me she's decided the Uni tune isn't fast enough for her anymore. People are still selling Tig 4Mo downpipes :unsure:

I doubt the slushbox is meant to handle those tq numbers, but there are guys at the other forum running K04s.
I put a k04 on a Tiguan for someone a few years ago with a slush box. The trans never blew up but I don't think they were hooning it all that hard either.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
gen1 tiggy SEL with a k04 would be an excellent daily IMO

GTI would get a k04 before the tig :devilish:

I put a k04 on a Tiguan for someone a few years ago with a slush box. The trans never blew up but I don't think they were hooning it all that hard either.

She's not really hooning either. Occasional full throttle but not often ... mostly just when trying to get on our stupid highway-with-on-ramp-stopsigns.