GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
buuut i would have a much wider margin to play with on price.

like theres these trendy shelving units, my wife and i almost bought the same exact one for $350 at homegoods, they sell for $65 EACH on zhong zhong! could list for like 250 and let people talk me down from there, fuck it, all profit!

Don't hold back, what's the link?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

like theres these trendy shelving units, my wife and i almost bought the same exact one for $350 at homegoods, they sell for $65 EACH on zhong zhong! could list for like 250 and let people talk me down from there, fuck it, all profit!
CSB
My mother in law bought a kitchen table on amazon...she went out of her way to get a non-Chinese one. It was made in Malaysia. Box arrived, open it up, damaged in 2 places. Extensive. The first part was the slide for the leaf, screws were too short and pulled right out of the particle board top. The leaf itself was broken like someone used kung fu. It was pretty lame. TLDR, sent back for refund.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Anyone ever consider buying bulk items on alibaba or zhong zhong and reselling? shit that people buy quick lol. like trendy furniture or some shit

Had a friend do this and cash in big on fidget spinners. He ordered like 5,000 of them from AliExpress for like 10 cents each, then listed them on Amazon with prime shipping and a healthy markup. People do it all the time. There is risk though. You know what cut your resale outlet takes? And what shipping will cost? You'd have to sell 1/2 to 3/4 of your stock before you break even and if you don't, what are you doing with all those extra shelves? If you've got the time, space and energy though, go for it!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

There's money to be made there
i love portillos

have you tried beefshack yet? its def fire. they bake the sandwhiches then dip upon request.

they also make their bread 'garlic' style. its incredible

you will feel your heartbeat slow to a sluggish chug at the end of your meal.
Never heard of it, where's it at?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I used to buy people's part outs at a discount for taking all of it then flip the parts individually, I track everything on spreadsheets because I'm a former data analyst - lifetime profit since 2015 when I started doing it is about $15k. Not bad for doing very little work.

One cool thing since I moved to the suburbs that they don't have in Chicago is garage sales, lots of crap but sometimes there's some good stuff. Last weekend I stopped by one in my neighborhood and grabbed 5 older galaxy s10 phones for $75. Listed them on marketplace for 150 each and by Tuesday they were all sold, 4 for asking price and one they haggled me down to 120. $645 profit for doing basically nothing.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I used to buy people's part outs at a discount for taking all of it then flip the parts individually, I track everything on spreadsheets because I'm a former data analyst - lifetime profit since 2015 when I started doing it is about $15k. Not bad for doing very little work.

One cool thing since I moved to the suburbs that they don't have in Chicago is garage sales, lots of crap but sometimes there's some good stuff. Last weekend I stopped by one in my neighborhood and grabbed 5 older galaxy s10 phones for $75. Listed them on marketplace for 150 each and by Tuesday they were all sold, 4 for asking price and one they haggled me down to 120. $645 profit for doing basically nothing.
Burblife

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
This reminds me of one of my fraternity brothers. He was able to pay cash for a brand new RSX from selling RC helicopter parts on eBay. He realized no one sold replacement parts, so he would buy ones people had broken for like $10, disassemble them and index the parts, list them for sale, and make like $500. He made like $30k in two years doing it in his spare time.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Status
Not open for further replies.