GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Another car related one is /r/shittycarmods

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You can find some pretty crazy stories on /r/legaladvice too. You'll also see how shitty people can really be.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

cb1111

i have 2 22" monitors for getting through my workday.

my wife just got 24" monitors and made me a little jelly.

Now i'm thinking of getting dual 27" monitors...

should i do it? would it be 'too much'? lol. some of the programs i use are just too dense - large pdfs, spreadsheets, etc where it helps to see all the data next to eachother rather than zooming in and out constantly.
I had two 19" screens for like forever. I then replaced that with two 24". I should have done 2 27"
I have two 27’s, but my life is examining for nuance and those fine details. Wife has a massive curved screen that’s like 36” across.. I get jelly of that monster.
I have a 36" curved at the office and I hate it. The 36 isn't quite large enough for two documents side by side. Also, moving stuff between monitors is easier than trying to get them side-by-side on a 36.
Do it. Keep the screen size arms race going until you're both sitting there with dual 70" TV as monitors.

You'll fit more on the screen, it wouldn't necessarily get smaller. Remember you can always just adjust the zoom if it is too small.
Right - you need to adjust the size to reduce eyestrain.
i guess my only worry about going 27's is that it will cause more eyestrain; i already feel it sometimes after a day of zooming back and forth comparing data from one screen to another. adding ~10" to that might not be the best.
Less eyestrain actually and Zoom/Teams/Meet calls are so much easier. I have the camera on top of the left monitor (where the speaker pops up) and either the other participants on the right screen - or a blank document (possibly with a cream colored background) for fill light.

Status
Not open for further replies.