GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

criticism wanted: another HDR attempt

james.bigouette

Officially boring
the 1st and 3rd are great no to much and a lot of detail, the second however is a little over done because of the greys throughout the photo. There wasnt a lot of contrast in the photo like the green grass in the other two. It is probably the best that can be done with that lighting situation. Make sure you keep your settings for the other two though they look great.

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
My vote is 1,3,2 the 2nd one is way over done but besides that great turnout.

FightinScot

Save the wee tootles
Car(s)
07 MKV GTI
First is my favorite. I like HDR, but it has to be subtle.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
HDR is meant to be subtle. Its true purpose is to allow the viewer to see all the highlights and shadows in a single image that would otherwise be uncapturable (if that's a word) with one exposure.

A couple of examples:

Please excuse the poor cropping of this image.

Akumal Lobby (colorless).jpg

Akumal Lobby Ceiling.jpg

Moses

Go Kart Champion
yeah i really just wanted the 2nd one to come out well.

yeah i love the VT landscape i try and incorporate it in as many photoshoots as possible

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Only realy problem with the 2nd pic is that the car looks a little too soft & fuzzy. It's not crisp, so it looks more like a dream sequence or something, adding to that surreal effect.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
here's another one =P

and barros i wasn't calling you a troll, it was the other guy. i'd appreciate your input more than a lot of people's, since you do such good photo work. not trying to chase you out of my thread.

Attachments

• erwewrwer2.jpg
    erwewrwer2.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

Moses

Go Kart Champion
^ a bit outta focus but best of em all imo

thanks, it's an 11 megalpixel kodak point and shoot on a tripod. i'm happy it came out so well, and also that my dad is such a smart shopper. the point and shoot i bought for myself is awful. worst possible choice.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Spend time working to save up the funds needed to drop the car, rather than playing with HDR! :biggrin:

srsly, I like the 1st one a lot, and normally I hate HDR shots of cars. :thumbsup:

Moses

Go Kart Champion
here's another one. my friend's dog Zeke. ask me how hard it is to get 3 snapshots without the dog moving.

i'm pretty bad at editing. i couldn't figure out how to sharpen an image with photoshop, even when i tried using the help option.

Attachments

• zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekay.jpg
    zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekay.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 163