GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cost of a used MKV window?

mjh

vtech yo
While at work today, someone thought it would be hilarious that they would smash my window in during a snow storm. :w00t:
I'm going to be searching junkyards around the area tomorrow for a used window, but I am wondering if anyone would know the price of one.
I have a 5d rabbit, and it is the back passenger window that was smashed.
Pics:

Could have been thermal shock. well, more likely to be thermal shock on a window that doesn't move, and with an abrupt change in the weather. But I've seen a summer rain destroy a rear window for example.

also, car-part.com

mjh

vtech yo
Could have been thermal shock. well, more likely to be thermal shock on a window that doesn't move, and with an abrupt change in the weather. But I've seen a summer rain destroy a rear window for example.
That could make a little more sense, considering that it was around 40-50 yesterday now its around 10 and snowing. Also weird that they didnt steal my $200 worth of college books and about $200 worth of clothing just sitting there.

But, would the window completely get ripped out of the frame like that even if it had tint on it? I thought that it would only crack and the tint would not shatter like that.

Also no luck on that site, they seem to not even show windows as a part I can search for.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R

also, car-part.com

I feel like thermal shock at most would crack up the window, would it really shatter it into a million pieces? Also AFAIK these windows are pretty damn good because during the ice storm we had, I had to pour boiling water over all my windows to get the ice loose enough to scrape off. Windows have since been fine

That could make a little more sense, considering that it was around 40-50 yesterday now its around 10 and snowing. Also weird that they didnt steal my $200 worth of college books and about $200 worth of clothing just sitting there.

But, would the window completely get ripped out of the frame like that even if it had tint on it? I thought that it would only crack and the tint would not shatter like that.

Also no luck on that site, they seem to not even show windows as a part I can search for.

"Glass, rear door" - then it asks left or right. Most US junk yards are connected to their system. You can probably find one right near by, and use prices to haggle.

looks like the spread is from $50 to $100.

the rear window i saw go was in the 80's, and yeah it shattered but no it didn't go all the way in. it did that "staying in one piece because it's safety glass" thing.

sucks man. maybe someone was just pissed off at life. maybe some gang bangers were fucking around.

GLWS

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The glass is tempered. It's designed to explode into tiny pieces. I had a storm door glass do it just sitting in the sun all day.

You would need to pay shipping but you could try Underground VW, in Tampa, Florida. Should show up on Google. Last I looked, he's strictly a late-model VW recycler. I've been to his yard and purchased from him before.