GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cost from stock to Stg 2 APR...

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
Just a few Q i couldnt find on APRs site...

Stg 1 is 599 (499 with discount at the local shop) but what is the cost from stg1 to stg 2?

what exactly does APR stage 2 require?

What I really want is just a DP and software... do i HAVE to buy an intake? Im not looking to have a loud monster, just a more powerful gti...

What do you think is a fair estimate for overall cost if I were to bring my GTI to the local APR dealer and say "gimme a DP and stg 2 software" ?

wale

Go Kart Champion
yeah i'm thinking carbonio too... every1 says it doesnt do much, but it's the only design i agree with, so i will just go ahead and get it..

UTEGANNOGMI

Go Kart Champion
I've been reading around, there's no much hp gain but theres still a little bit of kick. Again, that's what I get from reading. It does look good when the hood is opened though! I like the Neuspeed =P

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
yeah i'm thinking carbonio too... every1 says it doesnt do much, but it's the only design i agree with, so i will just go ahead and get it..

yea try ecodetuning.com i got it there for $237. everyone else was more expensive. don't know if thats the same price anymore

EDIT: just checked it. its $279 but i still think thats less than usual.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
so 1100 sounds about right to everyone? so 1400 with the intake?

i can probably swing the 1100 now but not 1400... i can always add the intake later...

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
so 1100 sounds about right to everyone? so 1400 with the intake?

i can probably swing the 1100 now but not 1400... i can always add the intake later...

pretty much. if anything, wait for a show to come to town with APR. they did fully loaded chips for $750, but i pulled it off for $650. it would probably $400-500 for 2 programs

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI

Same here. It obviously pulls more air in than the passive stock scoop, even though it still has to go through the engine cover. Every single CAI intake I have seen for the GTI still feeds from the engine bay, and heat shield or no, it's still frikkin hot under there. The Carb pulls in fresh air straight from the grill - which would seem to be even more pressurized and cooler at higher speeds.

How are you likin' the APR? I'm torn between APR and REVO, as I will have to drive the same distance for either one...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Huge amounts. Stock 2.0T's are typically getting 180-195whp and 190-210wtq.

Stg 2 with intake, DP are getting 230-250whp and 255-280wtq.

These are really big margins and just estimates. Power really depends on temperature, humidity, which tune you have, intake, which DP, whether it has a cat or not, etc etc.