GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common issues and remedies for the 2.0T

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Dpham please need your advice. I think I have a PCV problem. Although my dealership says my oil caps is bad.

Symptoms: Oil coming out of filler cap all over engine cover, etc.
-engine runs rough when cap is removed though. (Not sure if PCV could still be failing)
-blue smoke when engine is pulling hard at low rpms.
-large "rubber flange ring" missing between oil filler cap where it passes through engine cover.

I just ordered a new oil cap to see if this fixes the oil leak.
Can you offer any advice on this problem? THANK YOU!!

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Just pulled dipstick, started running rough. Got a CEL last night running it hard. Auto parts store plugged it in and it said turbo boost drop & check PCV.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
AFAIK The rubber collar around the filler area is there to prevent spillage from dripping under the engine cover when adding oil. It shouldn't cause the oil cap to leak, it just helps keep the engine clean. IIRC there's a rubber ring around the oil cap itself that *does* help keep things sealed.

FlaDubNut

Rice Eater
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2DR
Was just told by mechanic blown valve cover gasket. Oil all over the top end. Coil pack tubes full to the top. But no misfires! hah

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
Oldie but goodie! Had under boost and rough idle issues for a while. Check engine light no power googled the symptoms duh should have checked the forums lol. Problem resolved replaced PCV and DV. Now have boost, nice idle and check engine light gone! Drives night an day. Passed smog to boot...

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!
bringing this back from the dead. I recently (2 months ago) switched to a rev D diverter valve and a few days a go I noticed that the outside of the valve is covered in fresh oil. has the rear pcv valve in the breather tube failed? I do not have blue smoke. and I will know tomorrow if I have lost any boost pressure, my gauge will be coming back from warranty return...

briancastillo57

Need help identifying parts!

The hose broke off. Making hissing noise. Looking to find out what part it is and where to purchase. Seems like small valve. Side note:my car keeps thinking fuel cap is open? Maybe something to do with it. Thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 513

Fahrenheit1132

Car(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
AC fuse?

The only fuses that aren't specified in the Fahrenheit manual are R1, R2, R3, R4, and which fuse controls the ac. Anybody know what these fuses are for,or which fuse controls ac? Thanks!!

Fahrenheit1132

Car(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
My son rescued his "dream car" Fahrenheit #1132 from some kid who used the car to learn how to mod cars in all the wrong ways. Example: he covered large sections of the exterior in plasti-dip, and decided to cover the fog lights with cardboard and dry wall screws. About 6 months ago we noticed that the passenger door window was taking longer and longer to to go up and down. He stopped using it while it was up, and saved up to buy a replacement motor. We replaced the motor, and it made no difference. I had my husband try to adjust the side view mirror and we turned on the stereo... nothing happened. There's no power going to the passenger door, and the display is showing the passenger door is open all the time. I'm female, but I've always had the ability to look at electrical components and they just make sense to me. However, there's too many possibilities with what the previous owner may have done. I removed a big section of the dashboard, saw where the bundle from the components in the door get combined with another bundle of wires that go down under the car seat, and up further into the dash board. Are there any tips or tricks anyone can tell me that "Should be checked first ?" It looks to me like everyone here knows there stuff, and the Fahrenheit is a unique model, I'll take any advice and be extremely grateful for it!!