GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover help

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Hey all what is the best all around type of coilovers for the best price. Not looking to spend more than 1000-1100 perferably shipped. Not looking at vmaxx at all heard bad things. Looking for best all around quality handling and ride. Something that isnt going to make me bounce like a honda on cut springs. Want a nice clean ride dont mind a little stiffness.

Jay

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
dunno bout the quality (im sure its prolly good tho), i dont have COs, but the konis are only 1049..maybe less if you search around.

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Thats what I was looking at, the Koni's. From what i've read they seem to be pretty decent value wise and performance wise for a coilover. Not as well made as the PSS9's but decent.

Jay

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
why are you getting them? if youre not tracking the car, then theyll prolly be the best bang for your buck.

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Getting them mostly for looks, and because I cant seem to find a spring with just the right Height for me. So with coilovers i have infinate possibilites to find the perfect height, plus with springs shocks and struts your almost at teh price of coilovers anyways. Also install would be a little easier since you wouldnt need a spring compressor and you dont have to take the stock front struts apart just pull em out as a unit. I just dont want a shitty ride.

Jay

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Im from right near toms river/ seaside area like 15 mins from Point. You up here ever with the MKV?

shmeeg

Car(s)
07 RS GTI
nope, just bought it in feb, and havent been up there in awhile. were movin to cali next week, so no roadtrippin for us. i miss good jersey cheesesteaks. cool my father in law lives around the corner from rivali's...or however you spell it.

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Right near me, and yea cali is a little bit of a hike. But i appreciate the help wiht the coilover questions. I think I should be ok with Konis ill see what others say about em.

NYYFan

I drive slower than you
MJM Autohaus is having a special on the Koni coils. $1049 including a free Neuspeed RSB and free shipping. I'm thinking about getting a set of these since they are damping adjustable (rebound only) and are a couple hundred $$$ less than other damping adjustable coils from what I have found. From what I can tell Koni is a well-regarded company too. If anyone has these I'd be interested in hearing some feedback.

Last edited:

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
That isnt a bad looking package at all, I may have to go ahead and order it.

Jay

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
Hey all what is the best all around type of coilovers for the best price. Not looking to spend more than 1000-1100 perferably shipped. Not looking at vmaxx at all heard bad things. Looking for best all around quality handling and ride. Something that isnt going to make me bounce like a honda on cut springs. Want a nice clean ride dont mind a little stiffness.

Jay

what did you hear? i've heard exactly the opposite :iono:

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I heard they bounce like crazy shortly after install. Especially if turned down all the way. And just heard overall yo get what you pay for.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
MJM Autohaus is having a special on the Koni coils. $1049 including a free Neuspeed RSB and free shipping. I'm thinking about getting a set of these since they are damping adjustable (rebound only) and are a couple hundred $$$ less than other damping adjustable coils from what I have found. From what I can tell Koni is a well-regarded company too. If anyone has these I'd be interested in hearing some feedback.

very true, if i was in that price range, i would be all over that deal, period.

NYYFan

I drive slower than you
Do you know of anyone that's riding on the Koni coils? It's a toss up between those and the KW V2's, but that's a $400 toss up...