GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChippedUK ST3 the alternative to Bluefin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
I trusted Chipped UK that these issues were not present in the ST3 when I purchased it in the beginning and that was the sole reason why I went ahead with the order. I totally trusted them.
If I had ever known that I had not been told the truth about the ST3, I never would have gone near it in a million years.

I trusted You with all my heart, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.

I wanted your child, that's how much I trusted you, and now my heart is broken :cry:. :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I totally trusted them.
If I had ever known that I had not been told the truth about the ST3, I never would have gone near it in a million years.

I dont know how you know them so well to totally trust them. Sounds a bit optemistic, but it's been dragging out for ages.

Chipped UK

Passed Driver's Ed
Maverick: The simple facts are that for some unknown reason you want to make trouble, that is plain from the copies of private messages sent to me by other forum members that you sent them, thats a different story and one you will no doubt deny but nevertheless, its true and we both know it, and so do the ones you sent it too.

Now for the facts, we have never argued with the fact that VW will void a warranty if they believe the issue was caused by the map, if you read any post we have made that says otherwise we will refund everyone who has bought an ST3 regardless of wether they want to return it or not.

What we said was very simple for a clear minded person to understand, and that is that if the VW warranty is voided through a problem directly resulting from our map we will cover you under our insurance so in this instance you would never have anything to worry about.

Now for your refund: As you have been made aware, you have been refunded in full, inclusive of postage costs made by us to send you out 2 ST3 units, the first arived and you said was damaged and then went on to complain about how bad it was packaged, we sent another to you and also your maps, then you complained so we offered a refund, we asked for the st3 back first but you were not happy about this but you did indeed return it but it was missing the USB, the CD and the fitting guide, the carton was squashed and your excuse was it meant the shipping for a couple of cents cheaper.
We still proceeded with the refund which we are told will be cleared shortly.
We didnt make a forum post showing a picture of the box you returned, nor did we want to mention that fact that you cried like a baby about how we sent the item yet you returned it in a state fit for the bin, we fealt this was not needed on an open forum as we didnt want to embarrass you and are only posting it now as a direct responce to your accusations.

I can assure you that we will not fall into bankruptcy and dissapear owing you a few $$, this is not how we work.

It is clear that for some unknown reason you want to ruin all sales of the ST3 in Australia, this is based upon quite a lot of evidence of emails and pm`s we have been made aware of. We dont mind you having an opinion but this should be made in the open so everyone can read it, we are happy for any negative feedback to be shown just like we are happy for the positive, I do however want to make it clear that we have sold the ST3 in every continent and you are the single most complaining customer we have ever dealt with, last year alone we sold over 7500 remaps and the total is in the tens of thousands but your way at the top. :bow:

The simple fact is proven, the ST3 is a great system, it allows you to swap maps and the maps are of the highest quality with a very decent price, of course at the moment there is a downside and that is that the flash counter rises, we are working on a fix but whilst a fix is not availible we are assuring everyone that our warranty and insurance cover will cover you if our map damages the car, other than that, the manufacturers warranty is unafected.

Simon.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Haha, i darn't comment, this is better than tv :biggrin:

side note, things did just get a little personal....

I'm also inteested to know who's been copy and pasting PM's from mav...

P is bold to highlight the PRIVATENESS of said messages....

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Just sitting on the sidelines waiting for a response from Mav...........

Should make for interesting reading.............

Although Maverick has been on their case, it's hard to say whether the flash counter error would have been addressed and fixed proactively if it wasn't for him. They may have gone on selling units and somebody similar could have made a fuss down the track. I think it's safe to say the Australian market deserve a good product as we usually have to pay a fair premium for it, but not to forget that a lot of VW owners are pefectionists and technically minded and want everything to work as it should.

Maybe they shouldn't be called Private messages :bonk:.

Chipped UK

Passed Driver's Ed
Although Maverick has been on their case, it's hard to say whether the flash counter error would have been addressed and fixed proactively if it wasn't for him. They may have gone on selling units and somebody similar could have made a fuss down the track. I think it's safe to say the Australian market deserve a good product as we usually have to pay a fair premium for it, but not to forget that a lot of VW owners are pefectionists and technically minded and want everything to work as it should.

Maybe they shouldn't be called Private messages :bonk:.

As a company we agree entirely, maverick was indeed the first person to bring this to our attension and we thanked him for this, we aslo stated we would work for a solution which is what we have done.
Our only gripe is that this has without any doubt turned into something that to be honest is nothing to do with the st3 and more to do with someone holding some type of grudge.
Our integrity has been questioned yet we believe we have never done anything to warrant that kind of assault, not only that but maverick has shown a willingness to message other people and post on the forum instead of waiting for a responce, for example, he sends us an email at 11.31pm UK time and then writes on the forum at 11.33pm asking what we are doing about it.

Now this has given us no oppertunity to respond and at the same time gives people viewing the thread the impression we dont care and dont respond when in fact, the truth is, we have replied very quickly to all emails.

We do not want this to turn into a slanging match and globally this is the only forum we have so much trouble with but we do feel we must stand up for what we know is the truth.

Simon.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Maverick: The simple facts are that for some unknown reason you want to make trouble, that is plain from the copies of private messages sent to me by other forum members that you sent them, thats a different story and one you will no doubt deny but nevertheless, its true and we both know it, and so do the ones you sent it too.

Actually Simon if you read the private messages that I had sent to a few people regarding the ST3 it was explaining to them that I had returned my ST3 unit and why I had done so. I also asked those people to keep it to themselves as I didn't want to post anything about it. Again there was nothing untrue in the PM's and it was information that I didn't want to post publicly.

Now for the facts, we have never argued with the fact that VW will void a warranty if they believe the issue was caused by the map, if you read any post we have made that says otherwise we will refund everyone who has bought an ST3 regardless of wether they want to return it or not.

Actually what you said is that you could return the ST3 for a full refund.

What we said was very simple for a clear minded person to understand, and that is that if the VW warranty is voided through a problem directly resulting from our map we will cover you under our insurance so in this instance you would never have anything to worry about.

Where is the copy of the insurance policy? Does the insurance cover countries like Australia? Where is this in writing? Excuse me for not believing you as you haven't delivered once yet on something that you said you would.

Now for your refund: As you have been made aware, you have been refunded in full, inclusive of postage costs made by us to send you out 2 ST3 units, the first arived and you said was damaged and then went on to complain about how bad it was packaged,

True and the packing was indeed completely unsuitable. I have received thousands of electronic products over the years both personally and through work and never ever seen such poor packing and protection.

The only reason you had to send another ST3 out was because of your poor packing. The only reason why others haven't been smashed is because of good luck.

we sent another to you and also your maps

Yes and no, Jayson publically jumped on here and told everyone that they were sending out a replacement unit immediately. 30 minutes earlier he told me via PM that he would send a replacement as soon as he gets a tracking number. I supplied the tracking number the next morning and he told me it had been sent then. In the meantime others were ordering ST3's and theres were arriving, I had asked numerous times for details of dispatch and had no responses. When it arrived two weeks later the date of the postage was 6 (SIX) days after Jayson said it was leaving immediately!!!!!

, then you complained so we offered a refund, we asked for the st3 back first but you were not happy about this

This is a LIE, I at no time wanted to keep the ST3 and I would never have expected to. I approached you asking for a refund and asked how I would go about sending back the ST3 including removing the flash from my car.

but you did indeed return it but it was missing the USB, the CD and the fitting guide, the carton was squashed and your excuse was it meant the shipping for a couple of cents cheaper.

If you check the weight of the package it came to 499g, I sent this in a REGISTERED PADDED BAG, the ST3 was packed inside it's box which I CUT DOWN to fit into the bag and to fit the ST3 safer. The ST3 was packed well and arrived undamaged. The box was already knocked around from the first time it was sent. I explained to that I couldn't fit the CD (all 10c of it), the usb cable (all 90c of it) and the A4 sheet of paper due to the weight.

We still proceeded with the refund which we are told will be cleared shortly.

It doesn't take 2 1/2 weeks for a refund to show, I have asked for a copy of the slip from the POS machine which would have printed one when you performed the refund but you have chosen not to answer this, you also offered to check with your credit card processor but have not answered my emails and pm's asking for an update.

We didnt make a forum post showing a picture of the box you returned, nor did we want to mention that fact that you cried like a baby about how we sent the item yet you returned it in a state fit for the bin, we fealt this was not needed on an open forum as we didnt want to embarrass you and are only posting it now as a direct responce to your accusations.

Excuse me but how was the ST3 in a state fit for the bin when it was the box that was cut down and the ST3 was packed with multiple layers of bubble wrap, cardboard and then the bubble wrapped bag. The box was unusable again anyway and costs what 50c?

I can assure you that we will not fall into bankruptcy and dissapear owing you a few $$, this is not how we work.

All I want is my refund.

It is clear that for some unknown reason you want to ruin all sales of the ST3 in Australia, this is based upon quite a lot of evidence of emails and pm`s we have been made aware of. We dont mind you having an opinion but this should be made in the open so everyone can read it, we are happy for any negative feedback to be shown just like we are happy for the positive, I do however want to make it clear that we have sold the ST3 in every continent

No it is not clear at all that I'm out to run sales of the ST3, I purchased the ST3 on the understanding that you had spent a lot of time on this product and that it was tested and worked in a certain manner.

What has transpired however is that this device was not tested and rushed to market, the maps were not tested as you have no dynographs to back up your claims on any of them, Jayson shot me down when I dared to bring up the issue of the flash counters and said that I was wrong. I then provided proof that I was in fact correct and then he finally agreed to look at the problem, but still claimed that you had worked with dealers over there and it hadn't shown on their computers.

I have raised legitimate concerns and ChippedUK has not acted like a professional company would have. You have never met ONE deadline, not one or kept ONE promise (including Jayson flying to Australia and the Brisbane based tuning company who fixed the problem on the Diesels and was working on the petrol).

and you are the single most complaining customer we have ever dealt with, last year alone we sold over 7500 remaps and the total is in the tens of thousands but your way at the top. :bow:

So I'm the most complaining customer even other this guy?? I should be grateful that I haven't been called the following I guess.

"Your a fruitcake and im shocked you have come on here to again knock my work."

This bloke is a loser, he is a liar and has been proven to be on many occasions.

The offer of a refund, to replace the car to standard or to have any further dealings with this cretin run out at 2pm on January 19th

Now I have agreed to the terms because to be honest i cant be arsed to argue forever over this matter but for all you people out there who have said my customer service is bad then you can kiss my bum.
I have bent over backwards and short of letting this guy shove his dick in my ass i have done all i can to resolve this issue.

The simple fact is proven, the ST3 is a great system, it allows you to swap maps and the maps are of the highest quality with a very decent price, of course at the moment there is a downside and that is that the flash counter rises, we are working on a fix but whilst a fix is not availible we are assuring everyone that our warranty and insurance cover will cover you if our map damages the car, other than that, the manufacturers warranty is unafected.

I'm not saying the ST3 isn't a great system but there is no evidence that the maps are of the highest quality as there are no dynographs or other information available. The fix has been handled very poorly and has stretched out and updates have not been made. There is no evidence of any warranty or insurance cover nor how this is handled.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
As a company we agree entirely, maverick was indeed the first person to bring this to our attension and we thanked him for this, we aslo stated we would work for a solution which is what we have done.

Actually I've seen nothing to date, no work, no testing, no proof has been given, numerous deadlines ignored, numerous emails and pm's ignored, numerous promises broken and so forth.

Our only gripe is that this has without any doubt turned into something that to be honest is nothing to do with the st3 and more to do with someone holding some type of grudge.

There is no grudge here, you made promises that you never kept, you ignored emails and pm's and made personal attacks on me.

If the people reading this want any proof all they need to do is to go to the UK forum and read back over all of ChippedUK's responses because whenever someone complains they rip into them.

Our integrity has been questioned yet we believe we have never done anything to warrant that kind of assault, not only that but maverick has shown a willingness to message other people and post on the forum instead of waiting for a responce, for example, he sends us an email at 11.31pm UK time and then writes on the forum at 11.33pm asking what we are doing about it.

Actually once again you are twisting the truth. I sent you multiple PM's and emails over the preceeding 24 hours asking for an update, you had over one business day to respond, prior to this I had to send 5-10 PM's and emails to get one answer over 3-5 days. You offered to contact the credit card processor on Monday and this didn't occur, you didn't get back to me despite numerous requests and ignored my PM's and emails (yet still had time to post online).

Please don't try and twist the situation around, I have been more then patient. Can you send me a copy of the refund receipt please which should show the refund being done over 2 weeks ago when you said it was.

Now this has given us no oppertunity to respond and at the same time gives people viewing the thread the impression we dont care and dont respond when in fact, the truth is, we have replied very quickly to all emails.

Why do you keep claiming that you respond to all pm's and emails because you don't. You can check the UK forums to see plenty of people in there asking for a response to emails and pm's just like you see in here.

Here is one example where multiple emails and pm's were not answered http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/206377.aspx and there are plenty more in that forum.

We do not want this to turn into a slanging match and globally this is the only forum we have so much trouble with but we do feel we must stand up for what we know is the truth.

Or your version of the truth.

And to answer your PM that you just sent me, NO I AM NOT BLACKMAILING YOU and NO I DO NOT WANT MORE MONEY.

All I want is my REFUND that you promised and that I have been waiting on for TWO AND A HALF WEEKS.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Who gave this thread the 5 star Rating? :iono: :paddle:

I think it's pretty damn good, i got popcorn on the go here :biggrin:

Chipped UK

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the above posts explain it all and we will now back away from the thread, it is obvious there is only one place this thread is going and we deeply regret the way this has turned out, the other suppliers of tuning equipment will be laughing through there sleep over this.

To put an end to this matter, we will honour all people who have previouslt purchased from us as well as those who will purchase from us in the future, we always have our customers at the forfront of our business plan and as any of you can see, we have thousands of happy customers and negative feedback is very much less than 0.05%.

We hope to release the counter fix within this month and for anyone wanting further updates we plead with you to email us directly, in fact you can email me personally on simon@chippeduk.com as we dont always read forums and this can lead to people thinking we are not responding when in fact if emailed we respond immediately.

For anyone concerned with contact details please use any of the following.

Info @ chippeduk.com
technical @ chippeduk.com
files @ chippeduk.com
st3 @ chippeduk.com

Chipped UK LTD
Unit 33, Sugarbrook Road
Aston Fields Ind Est
Bromsgrove
B60 3DN
England

carrier pidgeon
bongo drums