GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheer Up guys our GTI isn't less than V8 engines

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
well im just going by what he drives. my friends best time with a manual 01 was 14.3 and my other friend with an 02 manual has just breached 14.2 with full exhaust. im not saying they are slow. they are just like STIs. according to R&T stock stis run 13.0.... what ive witnessed most people run horrible 14.5s and 13.7s. it just comes down to drive i guess.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
well im just going by what he drives. my friends best time with a manual 01 was 14.3 and my other friend with an 02 manual has just breached 14.2 with full exhaust. im not saying they are slow. they are just like STIs. according to R&T stock stis run 13.0.... what ive witnessed most people run horrible 14.5s and 13.7s. it just comes down to drive i guess.

Oh of course, driver mod FTW. But I've also seen a few of them run in my day, and can say the 99-04 mustangs are consistently 13.9-14.1@100 cars...Same goes for the '05's being in the mid 13's....Of course if the driver can't drive there not gonna match a pro drivers time...But A good driver who knows his car will actually run a better time then some of the magazine pro's IMO. But 14.5 is a crappy time for a '04 GT. His 60' must be like 2.4 or something...He might wanna get a compression test maybe.?

Magazine stats have my S2000 stock running 14.0@99 mph (I've even seen 14.5+ in R&T and C&D before too). Yet I managed to run 13.7@102 completely stock. So I believe it's possible for the times to be faster, but slower is on the driver IMO.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
wow thats a really good S2 time. props lol. my friend had a 2000 S2k and his best time was 13.8 with exhaust. times can be slower. its all about conditions and driver. we only went once i never asked if he dropped his auto down of if he just floored it and let it downshift.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
wow thats a really good S2 time. props lol. my friend had a 2000 S2k and his best time was 13.8 with exhaust. times can be slower. its all about conditions and driver. we only went once i never asked if he dropped his auto down of if he just floored it and let it downshift.

Tru..I have a 2000 also.