GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheer Up guys our GTI isn't less than V8 engines

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Today I chased down a guy on a CBR600RR and he didn't lose me as fast as I would have thought. I have ridden one of these bikes and they go pretty good. If my GTI hadn't stopped accellerating at 220kph, it would have been more interesting.......

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
From a stand still, absolutely. I can't say what gear this guy was in or his ability to pilot his machine. I could see he was about to get on it and I got the turbo spinning real quick. As I said he was moving away from me, just not near as fast as I would have thought.

monsterGTI

Ready to race!
i own both a GTI and a 600cc sport bike.
not even close, at all.

obivously the kid on the bike wasn't giving it anything.
but he made your day, maybe that's what he was going for.

i havent raced a bike in a mk5 but i did in a 16v mk2 gti,

suzuki gsx r 600, we (passenger and i)were going 55mph on freeway... looked at him, he nodded, so i downshifted took off ( a little), he downshifted (and downshifted again for some reason?) the bike took off like a bat out of hell (and man that sound) i got soo destroyed, it made my day.

i want a bike so bad

NO MAAM!

Go Kart Champion
monsterGTI said:
not even close, at all.

Same here. Got a GTI and a Yamaha FZ6 (98hp, 400lbs). The bike hits the 0-60 in 3,0 secs.
If it´s not top speed or a curvy track, there is no chance for the GTI.

MKV Shqiptar

Got the diseeaaassee
Car(s)
hhhhaaaaaa
yeah dude, idc what you have in your gti, youre not beating a GSX-R 600. or any street bike. those things weigh like nothing at all. now beating a clk 500 i see happening. i love mercedes but they make alot of their cars really heavy so the weight is what kills them in alot of races. but no lie i think if he was really pushin his car he'd fly by you, cuz yeah you're gonna get him in the beggining but once you get 4000 pounds moving, its not to hard to make it move faster lol.

but good kill none the less man! :thumbup:

^^^^
:drool:

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
i havent raced a bike in a mk5 but i did in a 16v mk2 gti,

suzuki gsx r 600, we (passenger and i)were going 55mph on freeway... looked at him, he nodded, so i downshifted took off ( a little), he downshifted (and downshifted again for some reason?) the bike took off like a bat out of hell (and man that sound) i got soo destroyed, it made my day.

i want a bike so bad

Motorcycles have sequential transmissions. Unlike a car, you can just downshift from 5th to 3rd. I don't think a stock GTI is gonna come anywhere close to beating 600cc bike. Theres alot of poeple out there that aren't skilled enough to launch bikes properly, so you may get lucky and beat one that way, but you wont have a chance with a decent rider. Those Chargers are pretty quick, I'm pretty sure I could take one, but the Charger SRT-8 is just plain nasty.

shhh just let this thread die peacefully... it's very old and tired

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'
not even close, at all.

obivously the kid on the bike wasn't giving it anything.

yeah, bikes are quick. don't under estimate. my bike ('06 trimph speed triple - 1050cc injected motor) makes 130 horses and hasn't been beat yet by any car. still, i do understandf the urge to test it all out. :)

can't wait to get my GTI! maybe this weekend.