GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chassis Notch

Suni

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

Simple question.

I'm taking my car to get the chassis notch done before I do my air install in a few weeks. The guy hasn't done anything like that before but assured me they can do anything.

As my car is a European model, am I correct in saying only the DRIVER side will need notched? Opposite to the side you guys get done over here in the States?

Also, he wants me to give him as much information as possible before he does it, can anyone link me to a DIY, or guided information. Photo's would help too.

Cheers

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Yeah, I've they havent done it before I wouldnt use them.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
The opposite side of your battery gets notched, the right side of the car when you sit in the drivers seat, or your passenger side. Tell him to use a 2.5" metal hole saw and cut right where the axle is, so he would cut 1.25 inches, so it would look like a hemi circle. Weld in a piece of steel pipe, sand the welds and cover it in oem vw under chassis sealant to keep the factory look.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Suni

Ready to race!
Cheers guys. It's the drivers side here in the UK. Looked into it a bit more from others who've had it done.

The opposite side of your battery gets notched, the right side of the car when you sit in the drivers seat, or your passenger side. Tell him to use a 2.5" metal hole saw and cut right where the axle is, so he would cut 1.25 inches, so it would look like a hemi circle. Weld in a piece of steel pipe, sand the welds and cover it in oem vw under chassis sealant to keep the factory look.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for being so detailed :smile: