GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Can someone in admin give an update on Tapatalk?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dark theme would be appreciated. The white background is too bright and turning the brightness level down makes the print harder to read.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I use Tapatalk if at all possible just for the much more convenient search feature.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I believe they were looking into tapatalk compatibility, i just think migration issues have precedence right now. I also used tapatalk as it was more convenient, can't say as to if they plan on bringing it back though.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I believe they were looking into tapatalk compatibility, i just think migration issues have precedence right now. I also used tapatalk as it was more convenient, can't say as to if they plan on bringing it back though.
Good to know, Im sure once the site is stable and all the migration problems are resolved, they will re-integrate with tapatalk. Its just a couple api's right, ill help test on the side if they need it

nype

Drag Racing Champion
From Gulfer...

As for tapatalk, it will not be used anymore. I am going to start working on our own inhouse app in another week, but it might take months to get out the door.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That sucks balls. tapatalk was so much easier to use from my phone, which is where 90% of my time is spent on this forum....

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Well it looks like they will not be doing tapatalk now. Originally when the migration was announced they said they would look into maintaining the functionality. I know there are growing security concerns over tapatalk tracking everything you do within the app with no way to opt out and tapatalk inserting advertisements into mobile browsers when a user doesnt have the tapatalk app.

I do see the lack of tapatalk resulting in loss of members, but if they have legit security concerns then this should outweigh having it.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I think only mods get custom user titles, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, I'd definitely be cool with making my own. I knight myself, Sir Turbo Idiot, OGE (Order of the Golf Empire).

I had a custom title during my MKV days that I'm apparently now stuck with. lol. I can't find anywhere to reset it?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
From Gulfer...

As for tapatalk, it will not be used anymore. I am going to start working on our own inhouse app in another week, but it might take months to get out the door.

Lame. Such a smoother browsing experience with Tapatalk.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Well it looks like they will not be doing tapatalk now. Originally when the migration was announced they said they would look into maintaining the functionality. I know there are growing security concerns over tapatalk tracking everything you do within the app with no way to opt out and tapatalk inserting advertisements into mobile browsers when a user doesnt have the tapatalk app.

I do see the lack of tapatalk resulting in loss of members, but if they have legit security concerns then this should outweigh having it.
Are these security concerns known / documented? Or just speculation?

If it’s security related, then why not just say so?