GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car ramps and Mk5 Golfs

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
With the big front overhang on the Mk5s does anyone know of any car ramps that they can drive their car on to?

I've got a set of ramps already but they're no good for the GTI.

nayfen

TDI NINJA
put a lump of timber in front of the ramp. like a hardwood sleeper etc

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Yeah, was thinking timber was the way to go.

Or, could just go to town on the timber option like this, haha...

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
There are things like this, but you won't gain enough height to work under the car. Just handy if you're low and can't conveniently access your jack points.

Sounds like timber might be the way to go.

MK005

Ready to race!
I wouldn't recommend a timber plank used with the ramp... esp on FWD I've seen a guy go up them in a pulsar and the FWD shot the planks out the back and the front end came crashing down on the ramps destroying his front bar!

However those custom made timber ramps are genius!

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I wouldn't recommend a timber plank used with the ramp... esp on FWD I've seen a guy go up them in a pulsar and the FWD shot the planks out the back and the front end came crashing down on the ramps destroying his front bar!

However those custom made timber ramps are genius!

Haha, those damn Pulsars have waaay too much powah....

brad1.8T

Ready to race!
The best idea is to get 4 pieces of 50x100 timber about 1 m long and join 2 side by side with a noggin of timber underneath & hook it over either the 3rd or 4th cross brace. This will reduce the angle of rise.

Like in this thread

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
i use those same ramps without a problem. I bolt then into concrete so they dont move and have 1 inch plank of wood in front of them to stop rubbing. I'll post pic tomorrow.