GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cannot get intercooler pipe back in.....

mickeyblu42

Hi all

Having a nightmare here...

cannot get the hose in far enough to get the clips on.

Is there a special technique or a twist?!

please assist. Need the car for tomorrow :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170612-165235.png
    Screenshot_20170612-165235.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 188

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Not sure if it's just the photo but you have to un do the clip then seat the hose, then lock the clip down. In that pic, the clip is in the lock position which would prevent it from being able to seat in there all the way.

Try un doing the other side and giving yourself a little more wiggle room first.

mickeyblu42

Hi Jay745

No I was aware of that. I 'thought' I had got it in properly yesterday but it came out again today...

Anyway, eventually I got it in ! PITA...

Thanks for the advice though ;)

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Hey, clean all that crap off the ic and the hose. Apply a very thin coat of oil and it will go in real nice. I usually rocked them around to walk them in. And unlike Jay, I left the clip down so you'd hear and feel when it's in.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Yeah, I would clean it up on the inside/outside of both joining pipes. Then add a thin layer of oil. You can leave the clip on so that when it goes in properly, it will 'click' in place. Otherwise, check to see if the clip is somehow getting in the way of the pipe going into place.

Why was the pipe removed? If it is easier, you could remove the other end, put this end in FIRST, then do the other side. May be easier, may be more difficult. Also, might give you more leeway if you have the mounting bolts disconnected so you can move it around more.

mickeyblu42

Thanks guys

I really appreciate all the help here :)

Not sure how or why it came off, maybe it wasnt replaced properly. Not sure as I havent had work done there recently.

Removed the crap, pipe in, drove to work this morning all good :)

Just wanted to say driving in the car this morning, I can import mint conditioned models from Japan for around $4500. This is such a great
value car to drive! Here in Botswana we are looking at almost $13 000 for a new VW up.....

http://www.vw.co.za/en/models/vw-up/vw-up--special.html

what a joke!

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Nice....glad you got it all back together.