GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C7 ZO6

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK6 GTI
Went for a ride in my buddy's father's new Z06 yesterday, quickest car I'd been in before that was a C6 Z06. Finally, I can say I've rode in a car as fast as middleweight street bike. Take a ride in one of these new ones if you get a chance, the noises they make....

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I've been looking at c5 and c6s and thinking about that 20-35k price tag (not bad). Would make a great second car, leaving the TDI to fill the shoes of dd. I didn't realize the Z06 is so much crazier. However, a C7 Z06 is well over 120k. Need to check my lottery ticket. Tell you what, if I win then I'll lake it for a spin.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I always thought the C6 Z06 was really good looking. C7 went wrong. Watch the C6 Z06 depreciate less because it will be seen as the fast and good looking corvette.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I always thought the C6 Z06 was really good looking. C7 went wrong. Watch the C6 Z06 depreciate less because it will be seen as the fast and good looking corvette.

I'd tend to have to agree with you here...

A lot of car makers are going with the ultra futuristic angled spaceship look, typical 2015 Lexus RX as example. I am not down with this look, and see it in C7 details such as the rear tail lights. Would like to see a transgression back to C6 tail light design with a 201? (C8) update. Maybe LED and LaFerrari combo?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
the c6 and c7 are the first ones i've liked ever. flip up headlights are super ugly. but i think the c7 is a step in the right direction...for another car company. it doesn't even look american anymore. but it definitely doesn't look bad. at least they got more standard projectors and got rid of the altezza headlights.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
C6 Z06's already under 40k now with a little higher mileage, some around $35K depending on the area of the country, so... they are depreciating. I loved my C6 Z51, though. Did they fix the overheating issue on the C7 Z yet?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
My favorite (realistically attainable car) has always been the corvette, the C4 being the least desirable IMO but when the c7 was released my wife finally got on board and told me I could buy one, I like the c6 and c7 but I don't think the C6 z06 will beat out the c7 zo6 in a beauty contest for the majority of the population. To me the C7 says we've been competing with super cars for a while lets look the part! just my opinion!

Philimon

Ready to race!
And Jeremy clarkson compared the c6 z06 to the Ferrari 550 in his review. He said they were similar in performance and shape, but the Ferrari was nicer as a daily due to the ride and noise mostly, so luxury vs not which should be the case considering the enormous price difference. I wonder if the gap has closed between these two new doppelgängers.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think the vette copied ferrari first, lol.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
They do look very similar. I drove a c7 base model and my brother has an 07 c6 before they did the 2 tone interiors. I give them better than cavalier status in both cases. The c6 does leave much to be desired. The c7 I would put a similar quality as our GTI but I was only in it a brief time more experience behind the wheel may sway that opinion.