GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying GTI - couple questions

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
sirusxm is a waste of money. I had it on my 17 s and after it ran out, they wanted like 20$ a month, nope

it is a rip-off if you pay the amount they ask but they negotiate on price. I’ve payed 6 bucks a month for years, it’s worth it then for sure.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
He isnt the OP and mk7_bk didnt reply to his comment. Yet he got offended.

Didnt someone tell me that internet is weird.
You talking about me? If so not offended at all, nothing anyone says they the internet ever offends me, cuz it's the internet

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
it is a rip-off if you pay the amount they ask but they negotiate on price. I’ve payed 6 bucks a month for years, it’s worth it then for sure.
I think in 2017 when I was in negotiations with them the price was mind boggling for me. I think they were trying to sell me only the All access package which is 21$/month (just looked it up). I did like having it when it was free. I see there are other packages which are 5$/8/10/16. At the time I was listening to Pandora for free for over 8 years so I didn't see the need to pay for any music. Now I pay for spotify family which is 15. To each their own. Do as you want

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I think in 2017 when I was in negotiations with them the price was mind boggling for me. I think they were trying to sell me only the All access package which is 21$/month (just looked it up). I did like having it when it was free. I see there are other packages which are 5$/8/10/16. At the time I was listening to Pandora for free for over 8 years so I didn't see the need to pay for any music. Now I pay for spotify family which is 15. To each their own. Do as you want

Yea, I get the all access package for $6 a month. What you have to do is tell them you will just drop service if they can't give you the price you want and they will transfer you to that department and that department will always match that price instead of cancelling your service. They are trained to do that. The lowest they will go I heard from an inside source is 60 a year.

On another note, which do you guys think would be a better deal. Get a used rabbit and install a headunit/speakers or get a 2019 SE (maybe new)? Reason I ask this, I'm wondering if the 19 SE's will go cheaper than a 19 rabbit?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Yea, I get the all access package for $6 a month. What you have to do is tell them you will just drop service if they can't give you the price you want and they will transfer you to that department and that department will always match that price instead of cancelling your service. They are trained to do that. The lowest they will go I heard from an inside source is 60 a year.

On another note, which do you guys think would be a better deal. Get a used rabbit and install a headunit/speakers or get a 2019 SE (maybe new)? Reason I ask this, I'm wondering if the 19 SE's will go cheaper than a 19 rabbit?
Whats wrong with the rabbit headunit?

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Whats wrong with the rabbit headunit?

kinda what we have been talking about no sirius radio for one, I don't want my phone constantly hooked up just for that. Also it is smaller and not a touchscreen like the 8" one that comes in the SE. The smaller headunit is ok but it's outdated.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
kinda what we have been talking about no sirius radio for one, I don't want my phone constantly hooked up just for that. Also it is smaller and not a touchscreen like the 8" one that comes in the SE. The smaller headunit is ok but it's outdated.
well depending on what you specifically wanna listen to it can be found other ways

Honestly, having the phone teathered to the unit is good, I like carplay

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
well depending on what you specifically wanna listen to it can be found other ways

Honestly, having the phone teathered to the unit is good, I like carplay

I want sirius radio built in, If I'm spending 24,000 on a car I expect it to have it. My cheap focus has it from 2013

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I want sirius radio built in, If I'm spending 24,000 on a car I expect it to have it. My cheap focus has it from 2013
Well sounds like you really want seriousxm so that means no rabbit. I was asking above, what is so special about seriousxm that you need it. Heck mine has it but I don't even want it lol. I think there should be a way to get it or program it in

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The 19 SE will perform better since it will come with the VAQ diff, larger brakes, and possibly DCC. Plus the sunroof , "leather", and Fender audio are nice to have. Then there's the adaptive LED headlights which are just awesome.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The 19 SE will perform better since it will come with the VAQ diff, larger brakes, and possibly DCC. Plus the sunroof , "leather", and Fender audio are nice to have. Then there's the adaptive LED headlights which are just awesome.
No DCC or Fender, and both the Rabbit and SE have the same diff, brakes and lights. Sunroofs add weight, a literal hole in the roof (and other issues) and certainly don't help performance. Given the choice between a 19 SE and a Rabbit, I'd do Rabbit all day, but some of that is that my 17 SE had "leather" and my 18 SE has cloth and I greatly prefer the cloth.