GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying GTI - couple questions

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
hey guys, I will be without a car coming up in a couple weeks so I will be buying a GTI. Might pick up a slightly used rabbit automatic or a leftover new 2019 SE. One question I have, I believe the rabbit has the smaller 6.5" unit, does this unit have Sirius radio? If not are you guys doing separate installs for this?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
No, the Rabbit does NOT have SiriusXM.

You're 100% sure? I am pretty sure the Rabbit I test drove was playing it when I got in.

Edit: I take it back, just heard from my friend who has a Rabbit, he doesn't have it.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
yea, thats kinda a problem for me. Believe most people are using the sirius radio app on their phone instead. Anyone just done a head unit swap and better stereo install?

relive

Ready to race!
yea, thats kinda a problem for me. Believe most people are using the sirius radio app on their phone instead. Anyone just done a head unit swap and better stereo install?

I haven't heard of anyone swapping the head unit just for Sirius. If you want to upgrade to the 8" OEM screen, you would need a brain unit as well, since the unit in the Rabbit is one piece. It will be expensive, unless you go aftermarket.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Such a strange cost cutting measure. I always wondered how much money they’re really saving with small differentiations like this. I agree with that other guy though. I would never pay for Sirius because I find that of the stations I listen to they mostly play the same songs over and over. For some reason it’s never turned off the trial on my R.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
might be a waste to you, doesnt mean that applies to anyone else, i pay 5 bucks a month
a correct statement would be, sirius xm is a wastes of money to me, to imply your opinion matters over anyone else is foolish
Op is looking for opinions, I provide one. Use spotify and listen to the music you want. Also, i dont f*ck with people who sold out Jesus

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
He isnt the OP and mk7_bk didnt reply to his comment. Yet he got offended.

Didnt someone tell me that internet is weird.