GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying 2008 TSI GTi

rswagerson

Hello, I have found a 2008 GTi with the TSI motor, however the power steering does not work but owner said by time of purchase it will be fixed and blamed it on the rack and pinion. Also it needs a new clutch but that is just normal wear and tear of course. The owner said this was a freak thing and not a continuous issue (rack & pinion), is this a common problem on MKV's? I have never owned a VW, just a honda, chevy & jeep and not sure what to expect. I have made sure whatever I do just to avoid the TSI motor. Just looking for some input as that was really the only issue besides the clutch. It has 81,000 miles.

Thanks, Rob.

EvilNanabozho08

For that much you could probably find one better condition. I bought my 08 last year for a little more than what you are looking at now with absoulty no problems. I would say keep looking. You don't wanna drop more money on top of what your paying. Find one in better condition then use your extra money on upgrades.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
^^ agreed! I just bought my second MKV GTI a few months ago, 54k miles 09 GTI for $9300.

If you read my project daily build thread you will see all the common problems with the TSI (DONT LET MY THREAD SCARE YOU AWAY LOL). I would suggest finding a pre 08.5 with the FSI motor but thats just me. I think you can definitely find a better deal than that though. Buying a car with known problems and needing work already is not a great start. You can find MKV's that need little to no work for under $10k all day long now.