GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Rear Sway Bar/Endlinks - after install impressions?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
OK guys...

Now that you have had your BSH RSB with or without endlinks on for awhile - what are your impressions after new bar installation has worn off?

Pros?

Cons?

Is there noise? have a favorite setting? why is it your favorite setting? any problems at all? if so, what?

I really want to get this but it would be nice for me and others to see what owners thoughts are after some miles have been put on it!

Thanks in advance.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
I posted this in a different thread a few days ago, but I'll add it here too.

I installed the BSH endlinks and 27mm RSB this past Saturday.

Day-to-day driving to and from work and errands and all that boring stuff there isn't a noticeable difference. Unless of course you drive like a douche bag around every possible corner. Then you'll notice the difference. But standard driving, not noticeable change.

However. That really fun on-ramp we all know of? Yeah, definitely noticeable there. There's a good one near my house. I had a friend with me in my car and all I heard from him when I was taking the corner was "oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" and then the road straightens out and he keeps going; "oh SHIT THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! HOLY SHIT! oh shit, fuck yeah... Oh Shit!".

I could feel the back end wanting to come out, but it didn't. It was in place, behind me but enough to keep the car rotating throughout the whole corner as I kept applying the accelerator more and more till I had to slow down to merge into the highway traffic. My front left tire was the weakspot while doing this, I could feel it rolling (RE-01R's) over a bit and if it wasn't for that I could have kept going and going. Understeer was minimal, back end was shifted just enough to keep it in place allowing me to hold the line. A few bumps in the road and it wanted to step-out but it never did - not to say that it can't or won't. Just that it didn't.

I can't wait to try this out at the next autocross while on my r-comps.

[edit] I think with most drivers you can give them two stock cars exactly the same. Tell them one of them has better parts on it and they'll claim that one is better after driving both. Even though the performance would be the same. Placebo effect.

there's an autocross this weekend and it will be my first 'true' test with the items, then the following week is another bigger, better and faster autocross (at an old airport runway), followed by a normal SCCA autocross. So in the next few weeks I'll get some good testing out of it and can have a better review then.

so far no clunking noises that weren't already there.

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have just installed my bar on Sat. w/ the endlinks. It definitely feels more planted and steering response seems more crisp and precise. Currently I'm having a lot of clunking noise coming from the swaybar, but I initially overtorqued the swaybar brackets, so I loosened those up. I'm still getting the clunking noise and it seems to be going away as I drive it more (noise is extremely pronounced on uneven surfaces), but I'm unsure if this is a break-in thing or is its a noise that I'll always have to live with.

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
I put the H&R RSB on my R32 about 2000 miles ago. I used the stock links and set the bar on stiff. It works great for a daily driver. I cant see much difference between the stock end links and the BSH ones other than looks...there might be a tiny bit more give in the stock end link bushing - but that's why I probably dont have any noises and helps with the daily driving. It loads up plenty fast for me - so I'd rather spend a little bit more money (than the cost of the end links) and get the front bar. I've tracked the car several times and take Mulholland Drive daily to and from work and I think the RSB is the best bang-for-buck mod there is. (I just ordered the front bar and brake upgrades as well).

If you do the install - Make sure you use Loctite on the bolts, I even traded out the stock end link nuts with some nylock nuts because one came loose and fell off after a week.

utekineir

Banned
Had my bar and endlinks (ksport coils) on for a month(?) or so. The first impressions were giddy laughter through corners.

Since then I've noticed a bit of noise on uneven surfaces and the giddy laughter has gone away, but I still think it was a great upgrade.

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
I notice a big problem....If you lift the car up (all wheel have no compression) The bar will rub with your lower wishbone........

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
Every time your car goes on a lift for service, the bar and your lower wishbone will make contact...it can't be too good can it?

the only time it is unacceptable for two shafts to make contact is during a less than ideal threeway, you should be fine.

and even that is not that bad as long as there is no eye contact.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I notice a big problem....If you lift the car up (all wheel have no compression) The bar will rub with your lower wishbone........

This is the first I have heard of this, can anybody else confirm?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
^hmm interesting, I have a road out here thats quick rolling up and down dips (out by Valley of Fire) I wonder how unsettled the car would become if i went over that fast and unweighted the suspension and caused the wishbone to come in contact abruptly with the swaybar?

In rare circumstances that does sound dangerous.

I hate hearing about the noise issues ... i wanted Hawk HP+ pads but because they make noise I am now installing HPS.

Can anyone at BSH come in and comment on some of these issues? Noise ( how to eliminate it if possible ) and the sway bar touching the wishbone when the suspension becomes unweighted?

Thanks

jpun15

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI 6MT
There's actually no way to install the bar while its on a lift with the springs uncompressed, the control arm needs to be jacked up (either while on the lift or on the ground). My bar did slightly rub against the arm while the car was lowered back to its regular ride height. Don't think this will be any issue in normal driving.

gtiwop

Ready to race!
After reading all the posts about the clunking noise in the BSH RSB/END LINKS set up I am thinking that maybe the whole set up is a bit of overkill considering that the BSH links are shorter (per the web site) and probably considerably stiffer. Frank Rizzo kept the stock end links and reports no problems with clunking noises. Just my two cents.