GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Intercooler and Throttle Pipe write up

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
So earlier today I just finish installing my BSH IC with the BSH throttle pipe. I'm just going to give my thoughts on the process and quality over all.

While installing both the IC and throttle pipe I used the directions from BSH, but theses are okay at best. One thing that may be wrong or could be manufactured incorrectly is the welded brackets on the IC.

Per the picture from the directions you two mounting brackets that have two larger holes and two smaller holes. The smaller holes are suppose to be on the top, this is where I ran into the first issue. If you tried to install the IC with the brackets this way it would hit the foam bumper support; there is no way without heavy mods to that support that this will fit. So we turned them upside down so it didn't hit the support. It maybe the directions are wrong or they welded the supports on the IC in the wrong place. Also the sheet metal screws they supplied had one completely the wrong size.

Being that the IC sit's a bit lower than what I feel it should, the front bumper doesn't fit very well so I can no longer secure the front lip. I will need to do some trimming to fit this.

Also on some of the hoses you will need to trim them and some way more than others, this would be great to say so in the directions.

The throttle pipe was overall a pain with no directions given, but not hard to understand how to install just not a fun install overall.

Overall performance: Overall it's what I was looking for. The car runs stronger and spools quicker. I have yet to get into making some changes in the software settings to fine tune it. I'm sure once this is done I will feel even more of difference.

So for anyone looking to go with their product be warned that you may need to do extra work to make it fit, but the payout in the end seem worth it.

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Yeah, I definitely felt a difference when I installed my BSH TB pipe when I was at stage 2+, I already had Eurojet IC installed. Its nice as well since it has dv relocation bung as well as water/meth ports.

TSiUG

sleeper...
Yeah, I definitely felt a difference when I installed my BSH TB pipe when I was at stage 2+, I already had Eurojet IC installed. Its nice as well since it has dv relocation bung as well as water/meth ports.

Does the TB pipe really make a difference? I dont have many more parts I could install on my car since I am definitely not going any bigger than the k04 I have now. This is one of the few still available parts I am considering(carbonio stage 2 intake pipe, replace the pancake pipe w/ the AWE TOP...a very small chance at going with W/M). I know I can get moar power out of my setup, but I dont know how:iono:

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Yea, i definitely noticed a difference. Im pretty much maxed out in upgrades besides w/m as well.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
So earlier today I just finish installing my BSH IC with the BSH throttle pipe. I'm just going to give my thoughts on the process and quality over all.

While installing both the IC and throttle pipe I used the directions from BSH, but theses are okay at best. One thing that may be wrong or could be manufactured incorrectly is the welded brackets on the IC.

Per the picture from the directions you two mounting brackets that have two larger holes and two smaller holes. The smaller holes are suppose to be on the top, this is where I ran into the first issue. If you tried to install the IC with the brackets this way it would hit the foam bumper support; there is no way without heavy mods to that support that this will fit. So we turned them upside down so it didn't hit the support. It maybe the directions are wrong or they welded the supports on the IC in the wrong place. Also the sheet metal screws they supplied had one completely the wrong size.

Being that the IC sit's a bit lower than what I feel it should, the front bumper doesn't fit very well so I can no longer secure the front lip. I will need to do some trimming to fit this.

Also on some of the hoses you will need to trim them and some way more than others, this would be great to say so in the directions.

The throttle pipe was overall a pain with no directions given, but not hard to understand how to install just not a fun install overall.

Overall performance: Overall it's what I was looking for. The car runs stronger and spools quicker. I have yet to get into making some changes in the software settings to fine tune it. I'm sure once this is done I will feel even more of difference.

So for anyone looking to go with their product be warned that you may need to do extra work to make it fit, but the payout in the end seem worth it.
your suppose to trim the foam so the intercooler fits. I cut like an inch out and the intercooler sat perfect. My metal screws worked fine too, I think you installed it wrong?

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Getting to drive it a bit more i can really feel the boost come on quicker than before. I can't speak for it being solely the throttle pipe but this setup is a lot different than before. It was only about 55 degrees out and i have never felt my car this quick. Oh and the sound has definitely change, the car sounds way more aggressive.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
your suppose to trim the foam so the intercooler fits. I cut like an inch out and the intercooler sat perfect. My metal screws worked fine too, I think you installed it wrong?

Well per the directions no such trimming is needed, in fact looking the instructions there is a gap between the IC and foam support. :iono:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
You mentioned the DV relocation port. Does the stock DV literally mount in the new pipe, or is it a port that will attach to an additional noise-pipe-based DV relocation setup?

Thanks for the good writeup. :thumbsup:

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
They give you a plug for the stock dv location that will thread into the port, i have bsh dv relocation so it attaches with a hose to that.

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
-.- throttle body pipe gives 0 gains..its the noise pipe delete that gives gains if anything.

it will help let the turbo spoil up faster by getting rid of a little restriction. supposedly, the top end is freed up a little too but you cant feel it. for $160, its almost worth it if youve done about everything else. some people put in the touaregs pipe cause its a little bigger, but im unsure how much that one is cause ive never looked into these. ill prolly be selling mine soon cause im thinking of doing another setup instead

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Alright I'll look to trim the foam soon, thanks for the input.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Any chance you could snap a picture or two of the throttle pipe installed? I'd be especially interested in some clear shots of how it looks where it connects to the intercooler piping and DV relocation gear.

I'm trying to trouble shoot some possible boost leaks at the connections and DV issues in my own FMIC and DV relocation setup, so I might be buying one of these pipes if it looks like it'd help my situation.

Thank you! :thumbsup: