GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brake pedal hook/clip?

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
I was messing around the inside of my car earlier, and... dont ask me how, because i sure as hell dont know... my wrist or elbow or something I guess hit the backside of my break pedal... and broke off what looks like a hook or a clip.

the is now a rubber flap that is on the right side wall of the pedal, that i dont think was there earlier, but could have been, considering i dont examine the pedal that closely.

The clutch and break are two different designs of pedals, so i couldnt look at the clutch for reference.

Anyone know what this clip is? is that rubber flap always there? any insight to help repair the results of my stupidity?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
:needpics:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
brake pedal side flap (clutch equipped?)

Said hook:

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/1001409q.jpg/

Snapped one of behind pedal:
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/1001410hcg.jpg/

I think the flap has always been there, and it seems like the hook just goes inside that little casing... for what? is it as completely useless as it looks?

dude - two blurry 2,304 x 1,728 pictures?
Doesn't matter how many pixels you include, blurred is blurred.
Would be easier if you cropped and scaled to about 800 pixels by ...

Anyway, I also have a 6 mt.
It would appear that flap is to discourage the operator from moving the foot under the brake pedal
when switching from the accelerator.

Until you pointed it out, I never noticed it was there.

Mine is still intact ...

not even noticeable from normal viewing angle ...

easier to see from the right side

somewhat visible from the left

not so visible from the back

So DSG owners- does your brake pedal have a right side flap too?

Last edited:

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
the pictures in the image shack links are not big at all... blurry yes, they were real quick shots before work.

anyway, thanks a lot for those pics. Now all i gotta do is figure out where that little hook came from.