GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bot SPAM threads getting out of hand

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
A pass code to create an account would help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
No idea how they get in so often & so easy. I report the ones I see, but once deleted they come back in. Damn....

mfractal

Ready to race!
And it's so easy to block, I don't get why admins don't. Just use stopforumspam or similar service.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Just looked at the timeline for the first time in a while. 8/10 posts are spam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Stupid question. Whats the point of spam threads?

Like whats does: "Then that If the pr" actually mean? It makes no sense to me. Its not trying to sell anything, just mindless babble....

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I second how pointless they seem. No idea at all why they come about, what their purpose is? some of its funny to read though.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Several reasons for spam. First is exactly what we're talking about here: there's competition out there and no rules to keep spam out (or ways to identify where they come from for that matter. If you don't want to come around anymore because of the spam then you're more likely to click around in another site. The second reason is the links you find within. They may link you to seemingly useless shut but they've got a lot of information about you once you pass through. That data is worth real money to marketing firms. Last is that the more data they get from forum text the better they can get at fooling you that they're real. Machine learning is actually very easy to implement and if they can use it to improve the text generated or figure out what makes you click on order to pass another 20℅ of users onto their nedarious websites the better off they are.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Several reasons for spam. First is exactly what we're talking about here: there's competition out there and no rules to keep spam out (or ways to identify where they come from for that matter. If you don't want to come around anymore because of the spam then you're more likely to click around in another site. The second reason is the links you find within. They may link you to seemingly useless shut but they've got a lot of information about you once you pass through. That data is worth real money to marketing firms. Last is that the more data they get from forum text the better they can get at fooling you that they're real. Machine learning is actually very easy to implement and if they can use it to improve the text generated or figure out what makes you click on order to pass another 20℅ of users onto their nedarious websites the better off they are.

Agreed, looks like they are at it again. I guess the forum admins need to get off their ass and help implement something to prevent these. This is the only forum i frequent that uses verification methods from1995.

The forum is paying the price due to lack of simple two-step authentication method.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
At least the latest one has an apology in the title.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
so....much...spam....halp.