GOLFMKV

Boston marathon attack :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
than k uoi..

:mad: i just heard fro m my autn he didnt make it smh :brokenheart:

That is terrible, I am so sorry for your loss...

Do you know what happened in Bosnia in the early 90s? I mean come on bro, Serb paramilitary forces had rape camps for Croat and Bosniak women for crying out loud:

And

These are the types of people that Giuliani has no shame in consulting for.

Makes me sick to my stomach.

When did he do this? Had to be after he was mayor right? He was a US attorney before he was mayor I think.... I am disappointed I am ignorant to this

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti
FUCKING COWARDS!!

A bunch of uncensored pics have posted, very graphic images and devastating wounds. I spent 5 years as a professional firefighter and 13 as a vol. Ive seen some bad injuries in fires and car accidents but the violent force of those explosions were horrific. They say 25-30 people lost at least one or both legs, arm, or feet at the scene. To say nothing of the burns and internal damage the detonation wave they also were exposed to if they were close enough to have limbs removed.

that people do these things to civilians almost makes u want to give up on humanity alltogether.....

allset

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk6 gti

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
In the past 10 years I find myself asking repeatedly why all of this shit is happening? Why here? Why now? Has the world lost it's mind? The thing is that the human race has always been doing horrendous things to each other. Religous people will speak of "humanity" and how you can't give up hope. The harsh reality is that lots of people are simply horrible animals not much different than a rabid wolf. There is likely no end to the bad behavior of humans...until the end of humans. In this country we had been fairly fortunate up until 2001 but atrocities have occured throughout the world for centuries. What is different now is it seems that this plague of horror and destruction has spread to the US and we are basically unable to control it. There truly are no easy answers and this is not a political issue but politicians will make it just that...

As a parent I no longer even feel safe sending my kids to daycare...let alone attending a sporting event, going to the mall, etc. I know that you are not supposed to live in fear and I don't but I am about the most hypervigilant person you would ever meet, even moreso since I am a father now. I feel bad for my kids and all kids growing up in this crappy world and even you younger guys on here that really don't remember a time when you could feel safe in this country. Sorry for the rant, I'm just completely disgusted.

What are the answers? Are there any? Is this our new normal?!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
As of today they said they were crude low tech bombs and there was not ball bearings or anything else added to them, the shrapnel was from the metal garbage can

Other reports have said ball bearings and carpenter nails? :iono:

In the past 10 years I find myself asking repeatedly why all of this shit is happening? Why here? Why now? Has the world lost it's mind? The thing is that the human race has always been doing horrendous things to each other. Religous people will speak of "humanity" and how you can't give up hope. The harsh reality is that lots of people are simply horrible animals not much different than a rabid wolf. There is likely no end to the bad behavior of humans...until the end of humans. In this country we had been fairly fortunate up until 2001 but atrocities have occured throughout the world for centuries. What is different now is it seems that this plague of horror and destruction has spread to the US and we are basically unable to control it. There truly are no easy answers and this is not a political issue but politicians will make it just that...

As a parent I no longer even feel safe sending my kids to daycare...let alone attending a sporting event, going to the mall, etc. I know that you are not supposed to live in fear and I don't but I am about the most hypervigilant person you would ever meet, even moreso since I am a father now. I feel bad for my kids and all kids growing up in this crappy world and even you younger guys on here that really don't remember a time when you could feel safe in this country. Sorry for the rant, I'm just completely disgusted.

I agree completely... I am more scared and saddened of what this means/how this affects our children than how it affects me. It's just a world American's have never had to grow up in before and that is truly very sad.

Bender1

Banned

Its always been normal. We just have the internet now so we see it immediately.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Its always been normal. We just have the internet now so we see it immediately.

this is a great point, and one I have previously discussed with others - everything is viral immediately. no matter how small or big, important or stupid, etc.

Bender1

Banned
Child kidnappings are a great example (and even events like this). People are SO TERRIFIED to let their kids out of their site but child kidnappings are at an all time low. Its just we hear about EVERY SINGLE ONE (at least when the kid is white...).

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
this is a great point, and one I have previously discussed with others - everything is viral immediately. no matter how small or big, important or stupid, etc.

I would agree that the constant media barage and sensationlism certainly play a huge role in our perception of how horrible the world has become. However, in our own country there is no denying that we are living in the darkest of days in our lifetimes, for us 20 and 30 somethings. The threat of violence when just stepping into your community is much greater now than say 1995. There is so much hate now.

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!
There are two very distinct and equally important dialogues intertwined in this thread:

1) The heinous and unwarranted attack on innocent people. It breaks my heart to see such extreme, inhumane and heartless acts perpetrated against anybody. Man, woman, child, black, white, Christian, Muslim, rich, poor, whatever. My most heartfelt condolences go out to everybody, and in particular members of this forum, whose lives have been affected by these actions. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and my God help you through this time.

2) The necessarily political nature of the debate addressing how we should respond to this, to include preventative measures in the future. I do not want to delve too deep into that right now, as I do not want to belittle or detract from the more immediate sorrow of the loss so many of our Countrymen are struggling to cope with today. So what do we do about this? Is all lost? Is the World, or at least humanity, just careening towards its own destruction? No, I don't accept that. I don't think any of you do, either, as you have chosen to contribute, or at the very least read, to this thread. We just have to make some hard decisions and, as a society, develop the intestinal fortitude to bring those decisions full circle. If we do not, our children and their children will be faced with the same gross disregard for civility and human life. People will have different opinions, but I hope we would all share one common goal of peace and prosperity FOR ALL.

I intentionally tried to keep any of my personal politics, and, therefore, any of my ideas about what we "should do," out of this post...that is for my next post ;). My real point here is echo what so many have said before. We stand united in both our loss as well as our committment to our children's futures.

Bender1

Banned
I would agree that the constant media barage and sensationlism certainly play a huge role in our perception of how horrible the world has become. However, in our own country there is no denying that we are living in the darkest of days in our lifetimes, for us 20 and 30 somethings. The threat of violence when just stepping into your community is much greater now than say 1995. There is so much hate now.

Say that to anyone of color anytime before 1980... I simply can't agreed.

Perhaps it has just become visible to white upper middle class people but terrorism has existed in this country in not too different forms from today since 7/4/1776.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Say that to anyone of color anytime before 1980... I simply can't agreed.

Perhaps it has just become visible to white upper middle class people but terrorism has existed in this country in not too different forms from today since 7/4/1776.

You have a point there. I think I, as many others do, try to forget the horrible things that happened in the south just 50 years ago or less... People suck, people have always sucked, and people will always suck.

Really the only thing that we can do is teach our children how to get along with everyone, accept people for their differences, and to not hold hate in their hearts. At the same time we have to teach them to be very leary of people and to be careful and vigilant wherever they go! Now that is a difficult task!

Status
Not open for further replies.