GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boston marathon attack :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender1

Banned
Though I lean in the domestic camp, you can't write off the international side of this with a lone wolf attack. Al Qaeda shifting to a "here is the info, go use it" model somewhat makes sense... maybe someone tried to use it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Though I lean in the domestic camp, you can't write off the international side of this with a lone wolf attack. Al Qaeda shifting to a "here is the info, go use it" model somewhat makes sense... maybe someone tried to use it.

for sure, can't rule either possibility out at this point, no doubt about it.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
The right wing already have their minds made up though :rolleyes:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
There are always exceptions to this though. Black Sheep....lol

We were very fortunate that bomb didn't go off at Times Square but the damage was already done for us. That piece of shit accomplished nothing but made us look suspect and undermined decades of our hard work in this country. :mad:

GTInsuch

Banned
Disgusting. Correct, but disgusting.

This definitely does not fit their MO.

Using shrapnel IEDs against throngs of innocent people in a dense urban area during a highly televised international event doesn't fit the MO? :yikes:

For those saying it couldn't have been Al Qaeda et al because there were too many unexploded bombs:

"(CNN) -- Authorities including bomb experts searched an apartment in Revere, Massachusetts, and removed items, after two deadly bombs struck the Boston Marathon. But officials cautioned that there are currently no clear suspects -- and the motive remains unknown.

Officials also announced a twist in the probe: Suspicious packages that were detonated out of precaution were not explosive devices after all"

"Authorities grilled Mohammud Hassan Bada, 20, the roommate of the Saudi national who is being questioned in the Boston Marathon bombing"

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Despite earlier reports that more bombs had been found, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said there were no explosives other than the two that detonated.

via CNN

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
they detonated things that were not explosives? :confused:

I don't think people are saying it "couldn't be", I think they are saying the signs more point to domestic, but all have said "we don't know at this time".

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Saw that on ESPN this morning. I tuned in to watch some news about sports and all they were doing was asking opinions about Boston. Like I give a shit what Skip Bayless thinks about a bomb...

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Saw that on ESPN this morning. I tuned in to watch some news about sports and all they were doing was asking opinions about Boston. Like I give a shit what Skip Bayless thinks about a bomb...

Even as a sports fan, I really can't stand ESPN most of the time........

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

I don't think people are saying it "couldn't be", I think they are saying the signs more point to domestic, but all have said "we don't know at this time".

Bomb squads will use a small detonator to blow up stuff that is questionable, basically to control the explosion. When I was a kid there was a bomb scare at a house down the street. They used a detonator on the package and it took off half the porch. Mystery box turned out to be a couple of water balloons (with some launching device) and a cake sent for their daughter's birthday.

Bender1

Banned

Happens all the time. Our bomb squad must blow up 3 "suspicious" packages a month only for people to figure out they were goodwill donations or Amazon orders they forgot about.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys think it's weird nobody has claimed responsibility for this yet? People that do things like this usually want people to know why it happened, right?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Happens all the time. Our bomb squad must blow up 3 "suspicious" packages a month only for people to figure out they were goodwill donations or Amazon orders they forgot about.

ah ok, thanks for explaining.

Do you guys think it's weird nobody has claimed responsibility for this yet? People that do things like this usually want people to know why it happened, right?

in some ways yes. But it just leads more to believe whoever it was, is possibly rogue at this point, regardless of domestic v. intl.

Status
Not open for further replies.