GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blue fogs

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
Without using tint, what's the best way to get blue fogs? Ive heard the nokya hyper blues aren't actually blue. I tried a blue bulb overlay( not lens tinting, actually goes over the bulb itself). The color was great, but they don't come in the right size for 9006 halogens. I might consider LEDs, but I don't know what would be necessary to convert the halogen housing to one that would accept LEDs. Any input is appreciated! The more options the better!

dave80

Go Kart Champion
http://www.v-leds.com/BLUE-75W-LED-DRLFOG-BULBS-p9648299-1-2.html

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
Anyone got any blue LED fog gti pics? I know they aren't expensive, but I'd like to see what they look light before I purchase anything. Measure twice cut once kinda guy...

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
8000k HID kit would be the best way to ensure a nice blue tint.

That said, blue tinted fogs are really counter productive. Fog lights should be warmer than the stock headlights in order to function as fog lights.

Condensation ( or water in general) in the air reflects and refracts light closer to the blue / indigo end of the visible light spectrum. That's why large bodies of water appear bluish bc it's only kicking back blue colored light to the eye, allowing warmer wavelengths of light to pass through it unimpeded. Most things have color bc that's the wavelength of light that the object reflects.

So, that quick lesson aside about how visible light works... Why would blue/ indigo tinted fogs be a bad idea for anything but cosmetic reasons? Bc the fog light needs to cut through the condensation hanging in the air to provide more visibility for the driver than the headlights are already providing. The wavelengths of light more capable of doing so are warmer, ideally yellow in the 4300k range.

/rant

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
8000k HID kit would be the best way to ensure a nice blue tint.

That said, blue tinted fogs are really counter productive. Fog lights should be warmer than the stock headlights in order to function as fog lights.

Condensation ( or water in general) in the air reflects and refracts light closer to the blue / indigo end of the visible light spectrum. That's why large bodies of water appear bluish bc it's only kicking back blue colored light to the eye, allowing warmer wavelengths of light to pass through it unimpeded. Most things have color bc that's the wavelength of light that the object reflects.

So, that quick lesson aside about how visible light works... Why would blue/ indigo tinted fogs be a bad idea for anything but cosmetic reasons? Bc the fog light needs to cut through the condensation hanging in the air to provide more visibility for the driver than the headlights are already providing. The wavelengths of light more capable of doing so are warmer, ideally yellow in the 4300k range.

/rant

Funny enough, I actually found an article that was very similar to what you are saying, when I was looking up blue fogs. Believe me, it doesn't get foggy here very often, and I am definitely doing this all for looks, even at a sacrifice to fog driving safety. I ride my R6 to work most days anyway. Anyone got any other options? The LED's would work providing they don't throw a "bulb out"