GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blow of valve

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I'm going to get a cold air intake, and something to make the gear switches sound better, like a little turbo sound, I've heard its the blow off valve that needs to be open (?) Or replaced? I'm not sure what to do or what to buy! I've heard about something called dump valve. I'm not sure and I want you guys to help me! I'm also getting a catless downpipe installed onto my current catback (stock) and also going to stage 2. Anyone recommend stage 2+ instead? Thanks guys!

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
An intake alone will give you the turbo noise you're looking for. If you can afford a HPFP, go stage 2+
So what I have to get: an intake, a downpipe, and maybe a hpfp. Whats the difference between stage 2 and 2+? Dont u recommend a forge dv or spacer? Thats the kind of noise im looking for. Do u know anything about these? Which one is better etc and where to get one.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Dont u recommend a forge dv or spacer?

No. You have a MAF and dumping metered air is asking for problems.

There is no massive change between 2, and 2+ like there was going from stock to stage 1.

firreozkan

Passed Driver's Ed
No. You have a MAF and dumping metered air is asking for problems.

There is no massive change between 2, and 2+ like there was going from stock to stage 1.
Hey again. Why will it cause problems? Im gonna order a forge spacer tomorrow for the sounds? Is it not good? What should I get

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Get a intake first, the DV and turbo makes plenty of noise through it.

You are essentially creating a boost leak for noise, the ECU will try to compensate for this.