GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best bang for your buck mods for r32

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
as far as i know, schrick are the only ones making cams for mk5 r32.

you can't buy direct from them either

Where do we get
them from then lol? I don't plan on going fi the kit Aline is like 10k lol unless they come out with a cost effective sc kit Which I don't see happening. So my
only option is to basically go with every mod on the above list with the dyno picture lol this of purse will all be happening slowly over about a year and a half

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Looks good JWT, got a link for the thread? What type of dyno? don't know if that was at the wheels?

Let me know when you want some half price headers, I'm selling the car so no use leaving them on.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Looks good JWT, got a link for the thread? What type of dyno? don't know if that was at the wheels?

Let me know when you want some half price headers, I'm selling the car so no use leaving them on.
i thought u were keeping it??

changed ur mind again lol?

jaguar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
r32
headers are 2k
port and polish 1-2k
cams 1.5k
tunes for mods .5k
intake manifold 1.5k
cats 1k
labor for everything?
in the end its close to FI for less HP. i really do think that there is alot more power to be found NA out of our motors but its still big money.
the thing is that you can build up NA over time and not just dump 10k into the car
but just as guys say "fast, reliable or cheap....pick two" the other saying is "speed cost money, how fast can you aford to go?'

i do think that 10k is crazy for a turbo kit on our cars though

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32

yeah im pretty sure it would be at the wheels... as i'd find it hard to beleive all that work would only give 10hp to the fly... when a retune give's more than that alone...

here's the 272 cams thread - there's a link in his first post about it all + the MKIV ( 30 odd pages worth ) there's plenty more dyno's in there, and most are above 250awhp...

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
no link.

headers are 2k
port and polish 1-2k
cams 1.5k
tunes for mods .5k
intake manifold 1.5k
cats 1k
labor for everything?
in the end its close to FI for less HP. i really do think that there is alot more power to be found NA out of our motors but its still big money.
the thing is that you can build up NA over time and not just dump 10k into the car
but just as guys say "fast, reliable or cheap....pick two" the other saying is "speed cost money, how fast can you aford to go?'

i do think that 10k is crazy for a turbo kit on our cars though

Looking at that it depends if you want to spend 10k in one hit or spend it slowly.

$10k AUD would be a bargain for us here in AUS, and would be about the normal price of a turbo kit of any of our local cars, even cheaper for jap imports.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
If you're looking for bang for buck mods, then here's the order you should be looking at

-coilovers (save your money and wait until HPA has their next sale. SHS kit for $895)

-HPA dogbone mount-$189 daily price..goes on sale ocassionally

tyrol brake kit--$99-stiffens brake pedal feel

rear sway bar--definitely makes a difference--next on my list

rear end links--get these w/ the sway bar

new rubber--pick whichever tire suits your driving style. they all make a big difference in road feel and grip

-Intake--pick one they all pretty much do the same thing

-exhaust-again, pick the one that you feel gives the best sound..they're all going to give similar gains

-ECU tune--pick one

-DSG tune--again, pick the one you like best

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I have lighter wheels, an APR tune and a EVOMS going on the car next week. I am not expecting any drastic differences in the cars performance, just adding bits & pieces to keep me interested in the car and driving it until it is paid off! Would love a SC kit in the US for about 5K installed, but I think I am wishing on a star. The way things are going, my last mod will be an exhaust, and then sell it after 12-18 months....

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
I have lighter wheels, an APR tune and a EVOMS going on the car next week. I am not expecting any drastic differences in the cars performance, just adding bits & pieces to keep me interested in the car and driving it until it is paid off! Would love a SC kit in the US for about 5K installed, but I think I am wishing on a star. The way things are going, my last mod will be an exhaust, and then sell it after 12-18 months....

I would be cool with a sc kit installed for like 8 without considering cost of suporting mods but idoubt that's coming too

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
I would be cool with a sc kit installed for like 8 without considering cost of suporting mods but idoubt that's coming too

we'd all like some cheap S/C kit.. but with our cars i just don't see it coming :(

but as said before "how fast can you afford to go"
but yes there will allways be a car faster/just as fast for cheaper..

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, the kits shouldn't be that expensive, I reckon the ECU/tuning would be the only hard part once all the mechanical is sound.

I guess it's because euro owners have deeper pockets, judging from the price of all mods.