GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best bang for your buck mods for r32

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
i searched this and didnt really find anything but i figured seeing how its tax return time or getting close to it for most of us and everyone will be looking to buy some new stuff to add on to their cars we should have some sort of guide to what is are the best mods to buy that are actually worth our hard earned money lol
i think im gonn get myself an evoms vflow intake, borla exhaust, and maybe a giac ecu and dsg tune. anyone think this is a good combo or know how much hp ill be getting with all this or if its worth it?

AKs-R32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Ohh god....:bonk:

Even though this has been done so many times...

Exhaust
Intake
Chip
Cams
(Wouldn't know about DSG upgrade as im manual)

But truthfully if your looking for more HP you ain't gonna get it (unless you go our old friends turbo/supercharger)....the above Mods are extremely expensive for very limited extra power.

If it was me, id try to set the car up to handle even more so like its on rails!

Suspension! (also more physically appealing MOAR LOW!!)

WHEELS the stock R rims weigh ALOT, If you purchase something lighter not only are you going to go faster BUT your handling, braking and acceleration are much improved.

Also a good set of rubber!! You would freak out how much more composed the R feels with a GOOD set of rubber underneath it!

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Lol I probably mispelled like one word in my search an it didn't come up oh
well it's still fun to get everyones opinion and if anything new came then ppl
can mention it here haha. I def want wheels I'm looking into ultraleggeras bc they're so light

Last edited:

fusiongt

Ready to race!
The chip has a noticeable difference. Lighter wheels and better tires as well but that can get expensive (like around $400 for each wheel, and another $150 for each tire)

I waited until my OEM tires started to show thread before I replaced that and the wheels. I went with the OZ Allegertia wheels and I believe each wheel weighs about 10 pounds less than the OEM Omanyt ones. That's reducing 40 pounds of unsprung weight and the car feels even more nimbler.

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
cams+exhaust

would get nice gains and sound awesome!

erkin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Audi s3
Tyrol Break bushing kit , Rsb

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Modding an .:R32 is more about personal style and driveability rather that true power gains, unless you go the FI route.

Just pick mods that enhance the features you like best

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Modding an .:R32 is more about personal style and driveability rather that true power gains, unless you go the FI route.

Just pick mods that enhance the features you like best about the car; appearance, sound, handling, etc and then enhance the once you like best.

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
I think I'm gonn get some h and r springs and a sway bar set I'm not buying coilovers for 1100 dollars right now lol

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Best mods would be (IMO):

- Suspension
- Sway bars
- Lightweight wheels & semi slicks/performance tyres.
- Exhaust and Intake for sound/mild gains if any.

- Haldex Gen II is great, you can feel it instantly. I had sways, coils & haldex but wasn't sure if I was doubling up somewhere. Haldex is good though less wheelslip and better grip.

None of the mods really make the car heaps faster but all up they are nice and improve the car.

cams+exhaust

would get nice gains and sound awesome!

Cams would be the very last thing you do, not many tunes or info around about them either, plus pretty expensive. Would be good down the track though combined with headers intake and exhaust.

Last edited:

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Best mods would be (IMO):

Cams would be the very last thing you do, not many tunes or info around about them either, plus pretty expensive. Would be good down the track though combined with headers intake and exhaust.

i was quiet shocked when big yellow told me the price of his enquired cam set up, the cam's are 1600US - he estamated around 2.5-3k installed... plus it isn't nessisary for a tune for them, but well reconmended... GIAC have a tune file for them.