GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bank of America to charge a monthly fee to use your debit card

Lucidity

Marx
And since these are debit cards, they are backed by checking account deposits. If people get fed up with BofA and move their accounts to other banks, BofA is bound to lose billions in deposits that they could otherwise invest with or lend out and earn interest on.

Guess that's why they changed their mind. I guess I'm just tired of the unrealistic expectations seem to exist in the white collar world whether it's banks, Wall Street, or just corporations in general it seems there is a general consensus that every year there's going to x amount of growth and profit. Like the world is going to end if you don't make as much profit as the year before and your company isn't growing... It seems like the philosophy of carving out a certain percentage of the market and maintaining it is completely gone and everyone has to be the largest/biggest/most profitable whatever. To me it's the few companies that aren't thinking like that who are really starting to grow. I guess I'm wondering when things stopped being about being the best company for your workers and your customers and starting being strictly about money, regardless of how you make it.....

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Explain exactly when owning a business wasn't about making money? Otherwise, it's charity.

Shouldn't you be 'occupying' something instead of posting on your corporate build computer on your corporate owned internet connection on a forum for corporate built automobiles?

:rolleyes:

Lucidity

Marx
Explain exactly when owning a business wasn't about making money? Otherwise, it's charity.

Shouldn't you be 'occupying' something instead of posting on your corporate build computer on your corporate owned internet connection on a forum for corporate built automobiles?

:rolleyes:

You mention our cars, and I think it's ironic, VW has gone on a quest to be number one in market share and look at their new products, they are crap compared to what they used to be and more expensive than before. Plastic interiors, drum brakes, no independent rear suspension, way less standard features etc, etc. Instead of trying to impress all your internet buddies with your attempt at humor (played at best) maybe come up with something to actually say? Yeah businesses are first and foremost about making money, but there's a difference between how you go about it. Hence why I said strictly, as in strictly about making more money than last year regardless of the consequences.

Lucidity

Marx
No humor attempted. Point made and not refuted.

So let me get this straight, you honestly believe there was never a point in time where there exist a philosophy amongst companies was to make a better product (or pay there employees a competitive wage, offer benefits etc etc) even if it meant making a little less profit, versus the majority of companies now that operate with a strictly bottom line mentality? I'm trying to think of how to clarify this in a way that you won't misconstrue, and maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first post, but maybe it's the philosophy behind how to make money or operate a business that I'm getting at. That is to say that when did making the best products in order to gain market share or increase customer base, or just cause that's why you went into business, get removed from the equation? I mean yeah that's still about making money, but it's not only about that, there's a sense of pride in that, no different then the idea of Ford (model T days) paying it's workers more money so they could actually buy the products they make, instilling a sense of pride in the product they make, the company they work for, and in turn helping for sell more cars. That can't be said about Ford today.

Edit: I didn't realize the deal with it thing was part of your sig.... so I apologize. And in all seriousness I don't think the OWS movement is effective... at least yet. Without legislation to back and congressmen/women to help, nothing can really get accomplished.