GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TTS front caliper option!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Is it me or does that look like on big ass caliper?

I thought the same thing when he posted the picture. Larger than I expected.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
It is big but not bigger than the stock R caliper...

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
And it's way lighter... [emoji4]

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

good to know, thanks. I guess it just looks bigger because of no carrier bracket and more of a solid piece.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Ok guys.
Did the first test last night.
The good thing is that all looks to fit perfectly without any modification. I did not test with pads nor did I fix the caliper to the swivels because I do not have the caliper to swivel bolts yet.

The bad part (for some) is this setup Wil need spacers depending on wheel setup.
I only did a quick test with my 19" Pretoria and it rubs near the center.

Sorry this was all I had time for this week.
Will report back soon!

I don't follow bolded parts above. It's not bigger than R caliper, but rubs on 19" Pretorias?

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Ok. Maybe I wrote it wrong. It is deeper on the out side as normal 4pot caliper this makes it rub against the senter of the rim.
But all over it is ok. I'll put them side to side later...
I don't follow bolded parts above. It's not bigger than R caliper, but rubs on 19" Pretorias?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Ok. Maybe I wrote it wrong. It is deeper on the out side as normal 4pot caliper this makes it rub against the senter of the rim.

Its a 4 pot calliper..two pistons each side of disc...

The original "R" calliper is a single pot, on the rear side of disc...

The 4 pot has an even amount of calliper sticking out each side of disc...the single pot has the majority of the calliper sticking out the rear side of the disc...

So the 4 pot has more sticking out on front face compared to the old "R" calliper...so it (4-pot) will hit the rear/inside face of some alloys..more space is required...

DAS_STIG

Banned

Its a 4 pot calliper..two pistons each side of disc...

The original "R" calliper is a single pot, on the rear side of disc...

The 4 pot has an even amount of calliper sticking out each side of disc...the single pot has the majority of the calliper sticking out the rear side of the disc...

So the 4 pot has more sticking out on front face compared to the old "R" calliper...so it (4-pot) will hit the rear/inside face of some alloys..more space is required...

Got it. So overall similar dimensions just positioned differently. Thanks for clarification.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Found these on ebay now...[emoji6]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-TTS...Pads-4-Pot-GTI-RS3-S3-Golf-R-RS-/253584969069

Uk as well....:rolleyes:

No I don't need.....:D..

I know my winter alloys would clear no problems as dished out for BBK....

I don't like the way they just cut the brake hoses....:eek:

quick rip of job on a crashed car at a breakers yard??...pads look FUBAR & heat damaged..so piston seals???

Anyway I know they are the ideal NSQBBK MK7 kit..just can't justify ATM....my 312mm set is better than the factory 288mm I had..

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
All rubber dust boots was damaged on my setup too... ��
Did not receive any pads to compare against...
Mine also came without brake line hose...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
All rubber dust boots was damaged on my setup too... ��
Did not receive any pads to compare against...
Mine also came without brake line hose...

Makes me wonder if the people who have these new cars are finding the limits of this setup & getting rid quickly??..

Basically they are selling well used callipers from a car that is less than a year old....

too many track day hero's???

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
So the TTS calipers or the Porsche Boxster calipers?

I’d like to do a front brake setup here soon... being able to use regular 312mm GTI carriers for the Audi’s instead of a much more expensive custom part for the Porsche’s would be great... would cut down on cost significantly...

Wait a sec... as I’m reading, it seems the TTS calipers have the carrier built in? Is this correct?

Dave, these plus 312mm rotors and SS lines in my MK7 TSI would work no issue correct?

Last edited:

DAS_STIG

Banned
So the TTS calipers or the Porsche Boxster calipers?

I’d like to do a front brake setup here soon... being able to use regular 312mm GTI carriers for the Audi’s instead of a much more expensive custom part for the Porsche’s would be great... would cut down on cost significantly...

Wait a sec... as I’m reading, it seems the TTS calipers have the carrier built in? Is this correct?

Dave, these plus 312mm rotors and SS lines in my MK7 TSI would work no issue correct?

The TTS use 338 mm rotors, so no.