GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATTN: BSH + Race Catch Can Owners...

KeVmO

Ready to race!
is this normal?... i'm assuming it isn't... oil is "bubbling" from the filter

also this is a pic of the install which phil said was correct..

what else could be wrong?... i know it smoking a little is normal... but... the filter on top of the can went from being red to black now... and it's only been like a week

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
will the stank of oil make it's way into the cockpit?

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
so, the stank of gas is going to get into the cockpit?

07Noside

Banned
Shouldn't you smell the fumes in a vent type can? Unless you turn recirculation mode on.

no expert but the can only sees air movement under pressure or while boosting so youll be moving, with that amount of air moving past you and the small vent you shouldn't really smell much, maybe a wiff or two here or there, IDK for sure probably not going VTA myself.

KeVmO

Ready to race!
yes but i use recirc mode so no i dont smell it... it's kinda spitting oil in a small radius around the filter...

Treadmarks

Ready to race!
A quality catch can should separate liquid from vapor. It is either connected wrong, or a poor design, or you have more blowby than the design/size can handle. :thumbsup:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Bump, I'm interested in this as well.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Its an atmospheric vent...isnt it supposed to send it out through the filter like that? is there anything internally thats supposed to vaporize the liquid? I mean it is a fluid that goes through there all the way to the filter - its not like your intake where only air goes through the filter!

Ill be curious as well to hear what BSH says.

good luck OP